Author Topic: Mary Cassie McDillon Breslin-Nagle  (Read 1330 times)

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Cassie McDillon Breslin-Nagle
« on: Sunday 10 October 10 16:31 BST (UK) »
Would anyone be able to help me find information on Mary Cassie McDillon Breslin b. Dec 1906 in Donegal, Ireland. We were told she emigrated to United States (don't know when). She was married to a man with surname "Nagle". Mary Cassie was known as Lilly. On her birth certificate she was also given the christian name McDillon. I don't know why this is but would love to find out. At some time, Mary Cassie went to live in England in Surrey North. She died (we believe in a nursing home) in 1993 and was her remains were brought back to Donegal to be buried.
Can anyone help me find out a little more about her or if she had any family?

CJF

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Cassie McDillon Breslin-Nagle
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 October 10 19:28 BST (UK) »
This request has been duplicated on a number of other threads
and was merged back in July

Have you obtained a copy of her death cert - reference was given in July 

Did you check the Irish 1911 entry as recommended?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,471603.msg3314833.html#msg3314833

I note that you have still not replied to the request by Suzard

Hi -you have asked for this information on another post -you had a reply on 16 July 2010 asking what the name was on birth certificate? You have not replied to this post???
Name on birth cert would be helpful

If you have the birth cert then you should have established what her name was -as in your other post you state she was christened as Cassie mary McDillon Nagle  and was born 1908 Donegal

The death reg for Mary Cassie Breslin gives d.o.b. as 1908???

then you state you have birth record for Mary Cassie (Lillie) McDillon Breslin b 1908

Very confusing!

If you could reply to the post  16 July 2010 re name on birth cert I am sure it will help all of us in the search
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 October 10 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I know this request was posted before. Yes, we have information from 1911 Census. On this Census she is named as Lilly. We have her birth certificate and it states her name as Mary Cassie McDillon Breslin which we know for certain this is the one person as her nephew told us this information but because she had left Ireland long before he was born, he never knew this lady.  We also obtained her death as being listed in Surrey North in 1993. The information we really need is whereabouts of her family in America, why she went to England  (we know her sister lived in Surrey also) and why she was given 3rd christian name of McDillon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CJF

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 October 10 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi CJF

There are plenty of Rootschatters who may be willing and able to help but it may be, that despite all our help, there is no more information available for this lady.

There is also another post here which has not been replied to

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,471656.0.html

Please revisit your other topics and post updates where you can.

If anyone is using a search engine to research this family in the future, the topics will be found but this one is now locked to prevent further duplication of effort.

Dawn
(Co-moderator for Surrey)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea