Author Topic: Burrows tree  (Read 9045 times)

Offline rissima

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burrows tree
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 28 October 10 18:09 BST (UK) »
Hang on, just looked at the 1881 census & found a William Burrows a miner born Nottingham at Attercliffe Yorks married to an Ellen and next door is his mum Fanny now married to William Lovell but with Burrows children born in East Bridgford & Codnor, so he's definitely out!

Offline Joandennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 29 October 10 11:54 BST (UK) »
Its so frustrating I was wondering if William wasn't his first name when born and he used it in later life as my father did he was born William Eric but everyone called him Eric. Thank you so much for trying to help me.
Regards
Joan

Offline Joandennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 31 October 10 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi I was thinking (dangerous) what if the marriage cert I have is for Elizabeth's mother as there is an Elizabeth Kirk on the 1871 census born Barrow upon Soar living with daughter Elizabeth in Coldhouse St. she is a widow and I think she was probably married to John Kirk, living in 18 White St on the 1861 census, and living in Loughborough on the 1851 census. I would love to know if you think I may be on the right line, if I am I have to find a William Burrows with a son and father named William.

Regards
Joan

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 04 November 10 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joan

I cannot see why you are asking about Barrow on Soar on a Nottingham board, surely you should be on Leicestershire?

I was a Burrows before I married and would be interested to know why you are asking this question? I have my tree going back to 1700s. Let me know your more recent history and see if it fits into my tree. I have a William born 1858 married to an Elizabeth but you have the wrong surname for my tree.

You have a marriage certificate but your William would not have been 27 in 1871 he would only have been 17 or 13. Don't you think you have the wrong person!

The William Ralph living at St Marys Place is mine.

Get in touch and I can either confirm my tree of eliminate lots of people for you.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joandennis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 04 November 10 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane

I was asking on the Nottingham Board as this is where my grandfather and my gt grandfather were born.
My William must have been married twice the first wife was Elizabeth Kirk that is the name on the birth certs.On the 1881 census he was born 1854.When he married my gt grandmother Annie Caunt in 1890 he was a widow and born in 1858 they married in Bottesford Parish Church.I now think that the marriage cert I have is for Elizabeth Kirks mother originally married to John Kirk.I cannot find a marriage for my William to Elizabeth.I have looked at your William but didn't think it was a match as on the marriage cert to Annie, Williams father was a Frame Work Knitter.I know in 1891 William and  the family were in Melton Mowbray in 1901 they were in Nile street Nottingham in 1911 they were living in Lowdham Street Nottingham. Hopefully you might be able to shed some light.
Thanks Joan
ps I was also a Burrows before marriage

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 11 November 10 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joan

I was hoping our trees may join but unless very distant they do not connect. None of the addresses are right either. If you would like my Burrows tree sent me your email via PM. This may help you eliminate mine. If you go back in Nottm or Mansfield to 1750 - 1800s we could really see if they are linked. I start with William and Alice Burrows in 1730 in Annesley.

My only link to Leicestershire is Rothley. William Ralph Burrows (B.1858) married Elizabeth Fish at Basford 1897. He was an artist and art teacher in Rothley.

I will help all I can.

Jane

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jules91

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 15 January 11 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane

I am new to this message board but I too am related to the same burrows family as you. My nanna was a Burrows from nottingham. Her father was a direct cousin of Alfred Burrows father of Louie Burrows who was engaged to DH Lawrence. I have got the family back to William and Alice and have the annesley connection and female Newsam side, which was carried on through all the family names.
I would be interested to share details, and am very interested in the art work that William ralph Burrows did. My mother also does water colour painting.

Julie

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 03 March 11 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Julie

I have sent you a personal message. When you log in and it says welcome Julie .... it will say you have a new message. Click on that bit and you will find the personal message. This can only be read by the 2 of us. Do not put your email address on the main boards. I have supplied my email in the personal message for you to contact me directly.

Jane