Author Topic: Parrotts of patrington/patrington haven  (Read 41305 times)

Offline sootybear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parrotts of patrington/patrington haven
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 17 July 11 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
I didn't know the Perseverence was still intact and in a museum.  That would be great to see.  Would I be able to have a copy of the photos?  I live in Australia, I am hoping to get to Patrington and Grimsby next year on a holiday.  The information on James I have is B1830 Patrington, M 1850 Ann Branton, Patrington D 1888 ... children John B1852 Patrington, D1888 - Maria B1854 Patrington.  I think this is all correct.  Where did James & John drown?  Is the poem online?
Sharon.
Wards, Bressay, Shetland Islands.
Swift, Lincolnshire, East Riding of Yorkshire.
Bielby, East Riding of Yorkshire.
Nixon/Hancock, Lincolnshire.
Tyson, Lincolnshire.
Parrott/Finch, Yorkshire

Offline asenath

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 14 October 11 15:13 BST (UK) »
A bit late to the posts but I am also descended from the Parrott family as far as Robert Parrott & Elizabeth Hart (m 1731)who I believe were the parents of William Parrott who married Elizabeth Crump. The family name of Fennel I believe comes from the marriage between Wiliam's son James Parrott and Elizabeth Winter whose father was Fennel Winter of Burton Agnes. In turn I am descended through John Parrott b 1790 & Jane Turner - their daughter Annie b 1838 who married John Beales, their daughter Edith Annie Beales b 1875 and her descendants.
It has been great reading some of the posts and has given me some more history to research - I am lucky in that I am in Hull so Patrington is very close by to visit - I think a visit to the church may well be in order very soon!

Offline asenath

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 14 October 11 23:02 BST (UK) »
In reference to the gravestones and to earlier question of where Harriet Parrott fitted to the family - her parents were John & Mary (nee Smith) - John being the son of John Parrott & Jane Turner. I believe they also had a further 2 daughters - Sophia b 1847 Patrington d 1875 - Hull & Charlotte Parrott b 1850 Patrington

Offline aa42john

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 01 October 12 10:04 BST (UK) »
I have some info about the Bielby parts of this family. Email me
John
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Racht70

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 17 March 13 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi there guys,
    Just been sorting out my family history and just found out that i too descend from Parrotts through Ann Parrott (1807), she is my 4th great grandmother who married a John Langdale (1804). My gran who is 83 lived in sunk Island for many years, her name is Phyliss Freeman (dad Williams Freeman and mother Mary E Langdale)  and has two brothers.... Dick who lived at sunk for many years and a sister Alice and another brother whos name escapes me at the moment. They had moved to Sunk when she was about 4 ....before then she lived in Keyingham on a farm with her grandparents James brooks Langdale and Mary Langdale (the grandkids called her muddy as they counldnt pronounce grandma ) . when her grandparents left the farm they moved into a house called Hallowdene which still stands today.

My gran remembers the Parrotts and was suprised she was descended from them .....shes remembers them selling their fish on bycyles....the fish in bags (bassys) where tied onto the handle bars. My gran also remembers the Rank family too as her dad worked for them or alongside them.
     When they moed to Sunk they rented a house from a Mr. Todd whom my great grandfather worked for. 
    Im 43 and i can remeber going to Sunk and collecting rock samper from the edges for my gran to pickle !!! hated the stuff but we ate it because it was good for you .
 Please if any of you want to ask any questions about sunk island and its poeple please just ask ill pass on to me gran she'd be more then happy to help.

Thanks Rach

Offline care of Sando

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Monday 20 May 13 20:29 BST (UK) »
Have been reading all about the Parrotts from Patrington Haven - researching my husband's family - his Great Grandfather was Henry Parrott 1846 - 1935 brother of James Parrot.  They sailed the Perserverence fishing smack which is now in the museum of fishing in Grimsby.  We have several old photographs of the boat and some taken at the museum.  I also have the poem written by Joseph Stevenson following the drowning in 1888 of James Parrott and his son.  I am trying to find out abit more about James - who was his wife, son?

I'm direct relative of Henry Parrott -  (Henry had son Francis, who had daughter Frances Annie who married Ernest Clifford.  They were my grandparents). Very glad Perserverence fishing smack still ok. 

Offline Racht70

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 24 February 14 20:08 GMT (UK) »
 I too have William Parrot and a Elizabeth Crumpt also have Williams Dad and mum Robert Parrot 1706-1770 and a Eliza Hart 1710-1759. Robert is my 7th great grandfather.

Rach x

Hi,As it is raining in sunny OZ, I have borrowed my sons laptop,Sootybear,you have William Parrot and Elizabeth Crumpt, I have Elizabeth Crump.
James Parrot lost his fishing smack in the great storm of 1883.
Brian Bielby and Sarah, my2x gt grandparents both died in Charterhouse 1909 &1912.
smike968,ihave more on the But as i am in OZ, do not have my tree or notes at hand,unless my son can find the back up disk I gave him.
Ihave William Parrot 1735 on Howden.
Best Wishes Clive

Offline Racht70

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys 
I'm off to Patrington on Saturday (only live 20 miles away)my gran wants  to have a a look at the old place its been a while since shes been so wants to visit some old haunts. does anybody want any photos/info on anything in particular? Im happy to oblige.