Author Topic: Parry / Rees.  (Read 2596 times)

Offline parryj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parry / Rees.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 February 12 20:07 GMT (UK) »
hi eddie yes john is buried with ggrandson whilst his wife and daughter are buried seperately about 20 yds away in the old part of the cemetry furthest away from the general hospital. i got the info from teesside crematorium who will identify individual grave sites ,unfortunately there is no headstone to glean more info,to confirm johns true age
jeff

Offline richrparry

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 November 16 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eddie and Jeff,

I'm a great-grandson of Bertram Parry (John Albert Bertram Parry), one of John and Jane's children. My paternal grandfather was Robert Parry, Bertram's only child who he had with Margaret-Emily Parry (nee Jones).

My father never knew his grandfather - Bertram died in WW1 - nor his grandmother Margaret who, other than living in Wilson Street, Middlesbrough, I know very little about. Robert was stationed in London during WW2 which is where he met my grandmother, and lost contact with the rest of the family after that from what I've been told. My Nan didn't really like to talk about it, and I understand the family didn't really approve of their marriage. Since her death two years ago, I've tried to find out as much as I can about the family - for my dad more than anything - and after some initial  breakthroughs I've reached a dead end. Do either of you know anything regarding Margaret-Emily? I imagine she most likely remarried.

Robert had five sons, but died in the 1960s.

I've complied a family tree on ancestry - which I'll happily give you access to if you're interested at all.

All the best,

Richard

Offline ed5344

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 December 16 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Richard,

Welcome to rootschat.  Sorry for this late reply found your email in my junk box.

I've done very little research on this family group.  I have Bertram & Margaret with 3 children.

Raymond Fredrick. born 24 Aug 1913. died Feb 1995.

Robert. b Feb 1915.  and Edith B. b May 1916.   

Robert and Edith seem to drop out of sight, the same with Margaret I don't seem to be able to

find any information for any of them.  I would be very grateful if will share any info you have about

this family group.

Best Regards Eddie.