Author Topic: Francis BROWN  (Read 3835 times)

Offline darcy2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis BROWN
« on: Saturday 23 October 10 00:02 BST (UK) »
Looking for information re Francis Brown  & Susan Wade, m.1850 Liverpool n.s.w 1850 also Edward Clarke & Eliza Wade m. Liverpool.1851 The families lived in the Landsdown Bridge area for many years

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Francis BROWN
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 October 10 00:23 BST (UK) »
Have you browsed the NSW bdm's for any further events apart from the marriages?
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/search?event=births

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline darcy2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 October 10 00:44 BST (UK) »
have all bdm records of of both families. seeking any descendants

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 October 10 02:25 BST (UK) »
Hi darcy,

It is good you have the BDM particulars already.

So now you perhaps want to choose a particular line  you would like to follow to lead you to a living descendant.

We are not able to assist without you providing details of those you are seeking.  To look up the details of BMD ourselves is time-consuming you will understand.

Yours is a very general inquiry and perhaps someone who knows the families will see it and respond.

If there is anything Rchatters can help with do let us know :D

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Browngirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 October 10 04:51 GMT (UK) »
Do you know if they had a son, John Brown? I am trying to verify whether a John Brown, born of Susan Wade and Francis Brown is an ancestor of mine.
BLACK, CORNWALL, CARMODY, CLOHERTY, CALLAGHAN, PAINTER, MASTERSON, MARTIN, TRAYNER/McCRAINER, KEARNEY, NEENAN

Offline darcy2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 October 10 06:00 GMT (UK) »
I have a John Brown b.1868 at Liverpool. His parents were Francis Brown & Susan Wade. He died 19/2/1930 & is buried with his parents  at Rookwood Old Church of England ,Section CC .Row 14 {Grave no. 627-629}Iam trying to confirm who he married & his children.He is my grandfather`s {James Brown b.1870} brother.

Offline Browngirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 October 10 06:22 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother was Annie Carmody (nee Brown) and I saw a clipping from the Sydney Morning Herald from the 21st Feb, 1930, in regard the Estate of John BROWN of Lidcombe (deceased intestate) that the Admin of the Estate be granted to ANNIE CARMODY, a daughter of the said deceased. So, I'm thinking that the John Brown you mentioned may be her father. If I can find a more definite link then I can give more information. Can only find a birth record for an ANN J BROWN with mother Ellen (Helen) and father John.
BLACK, CORNWALL, CARMODY, CLOHERTY, CALLAGHAN, PAINTER, MASTERSON, MARTIN, TRAYNER/McCRAINER, KEARNEY, NEENAN

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 31 October 10 06:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darcy,

Sue's advice is very sensible ...

May I add that the surname BROWN is one of the most popular surnames in NSW 19th Century records, so perhaps you may need to provide more info ... Perhaps the names and dates (and where females, any married names) of the children of Francis BROWN and his wife Susan WADE and the same for Edward CLARKE and Eliza WADE ...   In that way other RChatters who have the names of those children in their trees will be able to make contact with you and each other.  
 :D
Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline darcy2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 31 October 10 07:44 GMT (UK) »
Anne Carmody was my mother`s cousin. Ican remember her visiting us at Lidcombe. She lived at Bexley .I think she had a brother named Fred who lived at Newcastle.