Author Topic: Sophia Frances Andrews WYLDE - Hertfordshire  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Sophia Frances Andrews WYLDE - Hertfordshire
« on: Tuesday 26 October 10 17:53 BST (UK) »
I did find info that Sophia Frances Andrews Wylde died in 1941 in Hertfordshire.  I would like more information about her death and about any Wylde family living in that area.  Apparently she did not stay in Rockland County New York with the rest of her family.  I did fnd her in the 1880 Census living with her family in Clarkstown, but I could not locate her any other place.  She was born in Turkey in Jan 1858.  I am in  a quandary why her family was in Turkey to begin with....was her father serving in the military.  Her father was Henry Ernest Wylde (1832-1881)  This family came over to New York in 1867.   I was looking for info in the US ONLY to find her in Watford death records...hmmmm...
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia Frances Andrews Wylde Hertfordshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 08:13 BST (UK) »
Hi
Is this of any use?

In 1861 census
RG9 1061 Essex, Walthamstow, District 5, Page 41

Henry E     Wilde     Head     28      Claradon     Worcestershire     England
Elizabeth     Wilde     Wife     25       Hackney     Middlesex     England
Sophia F A     Wilde     Daughter     3   Tur British Subject
Elizabeth B     Wilde     Daughter     1     Fryerning     Essex     England
Caroline A     Wilde     Daughter     4 MO    Walthamstow     Essex     England

Henry is a Commission Agent for ? Goods
Maybe he(they) were in Turkey buying goods when Sophia was born?

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

just in case you did not have the registration.....

Deaths Dec 1941
Wylde     Sophia F A   age  83,     registration Watford     3a    1562
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 October 10 15:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks a bunch Croxley.....I had found that 1861 census showing her with her family....and I did see where she died...but cannot find where she traveled back to England or where she lived from 1880 on.  can you find her in an 1881 1891 or late census.  I did get on ancestry.com....our census over here go up to 1930 that are available.  How current are the census as far as accessing them?  I am dying to know why this girl left her family and went back to England.  Thanks so MUCH.  YOU are the best!!!  Deepest appreciation being sent your way from the Dallas area of Texas. 
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 October 10 15:18 BST (UK) »
PS...this Wylde line was a pretty well known line in Worcester....well educated as wel.  There were generations going to Oxford.  This Henry seems to be the first who was probably NOT educated.  It appears he became a wine and spirits merchant.  His father in law seemed to appear in that business...Charles Barrow.  Charles Barrow was the grandson of John Barrow who had been wealthy and living in the Manor at Wedmore being the Magistrate there in Somerset.  It has been interesting to see how money was made and money was lost throughout all of my English Lines.  That Wylde line goes back through Dowedswell to Ann Tracy who was the granddaughter of Viscount Robert Tracy II...lots of interesting things I have been finding out about my lineage.  CANNOT wait to get back over to England to find more info. 

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 October 10 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

In 1901 she is ................(not far from me!)

1901 RG13 1314 Aldenham, District 3, Page 16
"The Cottage, Loom Lane", Radlett, Hertfordshire
Robert T     Wild     Head     80     (Retd Surgeon) (b1821 Claverdon     Warwickshire     England)
Sophia F A     Wild     Niece     43     (b1858  Constantinople)

At age 53 "she is in the same general area",
... and, of course, Radlett is just outside of Watford where she died.

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 November 10 15:45 GMT (UK) »
My goodness gracious...I am thrilled....I found her Uncle Robert Tracy but did not have a birthdate on him.  Am so HAPPY to have that info you sent me about Sophia living with him.  I did wonder who in the world she traveled back to stay with...now I know. Thank you Thank you Thank you

Wonder if he ever married or had children.  Wonder if I have any relatives back in that area.

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 November 10 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Croxley...been trying to find out more about Sophia's Uncle Robert Tracy Wylde...ancestry is not helping me at all.  Any luck over your way?  Thanks

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 November 10 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hiya

LDS site states
ROBERT TRACEY WYLDE
CAROLINE BARTRUM
07 APR 1858      Saint Martin In The Fields, Westminster, London, England

Freebmd
1858 Q2 has
Wylde StMartin 1a 601
Bartrum StMartin in f 1a 501
!!!!!

R