Author Topic: A SONG FROM MY BROTHER !!!  (Read 703 times)

Offline GRACELAND

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Elvis Presley* ARTIST OF THE CENTURY..*
    • View Profile
A SONG FROM MY BROTHER !!!
« on: Saturday 09 April 05 17:06 BST (UK) »
This was taken from the local church magazine!!
                         Thought you may wish to read it!!   
                                         It’s a bit sad so get your tissues out!!

A BROTHER’ S SONG.

Like any good mother, when Karen found out that another baby was on the way, she did what she could to help her 3 yr old son Mike, prepare for a new baby. They found out that the new baby was going to be a girl, and day after day, night after night Mike sang to his sister in mum’s tummy.
                                  He was building a bond of love with his new sister before he had even met her. The pregnancy progressed as normal for Karen. In time, the labour pains came. Soon it was every five minute’s every three, every one. But serious complications arose during the delivery stage and Karen found her self in labour for hrs. Finally, after a long struggle, Mike s little sister was born.
                                            But she was in a very serous condition. With a siren howling in the night, the ambulance rushed the infant to the local intensive care unit.

The days slowly went by. The little girl got worse. The paediatrician had to tell the parents there was very little hope and to be prepared for the worst. Karen and her husband contacted a local cem about a plot  .They had fixed up a special room in their house for the new born but now they found themselves having to plan a funeral.
                     Mike , however ,kept begging his parents to let him see his sister . I want to sing to her ,he kept saying .
                Week two in intensive looking as if the funeral would come before the week was out. Mike kept nagging about singing to his sis , but kids are never allowed in intensive care.
                              Karen decided to take him in whether they liked it or not .if he did not see her now he may never she thought.
                    She dressed him in an oversized puffy jacket and marched him in. He looked like a walking laundry basket .
       The head nurse recognised him as a child and shouted  “ Get that kid out of here now no children are allowed “         The mother rose up strong in Karen ,and the normally mild mannered lady glared steel eyed right into the head nurse’s face ,her lips a firm line .”He’s  Is not leaving  until he sing’s to his sister “ she stated . Then Karen pulled Mike to his sister,s  bed .
                                    He gazed at the tiny infant losing the battle to live .
                                                                            After a moment, he began to sing .In the pure hearted voice or a three yr old, Mike sang; “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey “

Almost instant the girl seemed to respond. The pulse rate began to calm down and become steady  “Keep on singing Mike “ said Karen with the tears running down her cheeks  “you never know, dear, how much I love you, please don’t take my sunshine away “. As Mike sang to his sis, the baby ‘s ragged; strained breathing became as smooth as a kittens purr. “Keep on singing sweetheart “” The other night, dear as I lay sleeping, I dreamed I held you in my arms.” Mikes little sis began to relax as rest, healing rest, seemed to sweep over her “keep singing, Mike.
                       Tears had now conquered the face of the bossy head nurse. Karen glowed.
                                                 “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. Please don’t take my sunshine away.
                      The next day …the very next day ….THE LITTLE GIRL WAS WELL ENOUGH TO GO HOME …..

:'( :)
God Knew Elvis was Tired so he called him to rest !................
"I like it well done, Cooked. I ain't orderin' a pet."
--Elvis Presley, On Meat
"Don't be like nobody else or you'll be livin' a lie, and that ain't livin'."
--Elvis Presley, On Individuality

Offline peterpiper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: A SONG FROM MY BROTHER !!!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 April 05 08:00 BST (UK) »
WOW!!!!!!!! :'(
O'Brien, Staffs & Ireland: Jarvis, Gorman,W.Yorks.& Mars
Hatto, Yorks & Berks. Thomas, Derbs. & Yorks.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: A SONG FROM MY BROTHER !!!
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 April 05 12:55 BST (UK) »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand