Author Topic: Were your family in British India?  (Read 1950 times)

Offline NIVAG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Were your family in British India?
« on: Thursday 28 October 10 05:17 BST (UK) »
This topic was started by foxjohnstone in 2006 and Kezlyn replied that she was chasing Ann Rebecca Williams born in Bellary to James Williams.  I would like to make contact with Kez because I have information on Ann Rebecca Williams

NIVAG

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Were your family in British India?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 October 10 08:20 BST (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to rootschat  :)

If you go into the post where you have found Kezlyn's message and click the green scroll on the left under their name you will be able to send them a personal message.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,194137.0.html

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NIVAG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 October 10 08:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much
NIVAG

Offline Diane Moor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 April 14 04:19 BST (UK) »
Wow, I am so excited to stumble across this info as I have information here in western australia regarding british india and so many names in the "foxjohnsone" post eg wheeler kenyon baker gwyther and have tried to track info for years.My (late) Mum-in-law had this info in her possession and we didnt know it existed until we were clearing her house after she passed away. I am a ww2 "baby boomer" so am not terribly ofay with computers but would love to know much more about these families and pass on anything I can help with. Regards Oz Di

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 09:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Di

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Sorry to see you've not had an earlier reply but I think that is because you have tacked your comment onto the bottom of a 'related' topic.

The profile for foxjohnstone is here

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=13604

You can click on 'show posts' on the left side to see some of the many posts they have made. There might be a more aprropriate topic there for you to join in.

If you are looking for specific information regarding your family then start a new request.

If you are looking to make direct contact with foxjohnstone you can send them a personal message, but you'll need to increase your post count before the system is available to you. (it's a spam prevention thingy).

You may not knopw that the British Library in association with FindMyPast has now started putting their India Office records online so you can search there also but you'll need a subscription to view the images.

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/world-records/search-all-uk-records/special-collections/british-india-office-collection

Hope this helps.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Diane Moor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 17 April 14 04:10 BST (UK) »
Thankyou so much Dawn for this info.I will have to some homework to find out how to use rootschat (and my computer). Then get into some great research,thanks again Cheers Diane