Author Topic: help re John Mullen dungannon  (Read 6377 times)

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
help re John Mullen dungannon
« on: Monday 26 September 05 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm looking for any information on a John Mullen born 1833 in Tyrone married Elizabeth Magilton. i would like to know if there are any living family members in Drumkee Dungannon.

Thankyou

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
help re John Mullen dungannon
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 11:21 BST (UK) »
I would be delighted if anyone can give me any info on my GGG grandfather John Mullen born 1831 in drumkee Dungannon Co Tyrone in the Parish of Killyman. He moved to Belfast and married Elizabeth Magilton born 1833.

fingers crossed

Colette.
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Mullen
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 April 06 06:08 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm looking for any information on a John Mullen born 1833 in Tyrone married Elizabeth Magilton. i would like to know if there are any living family members in Drumkee Dungannon.

Thankyou

Colette

Hiya Colette,

Have you looked in the Phone Book for Northern Ireland ??? The last edition was 2003. I had a look and noticed several people with the surname Mullen living in the Dungannon area. I have not looked at a map to see where Drumkee is in relation to the places mentioned in the Phone Book.  A message to the local paper might be an idea.

All the Best, Chris

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: help re John Mullen dungannon
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 November 08 03:35 GMT (UK) »
I would be delighted if anyone can give me any info on my GGG grandfather John Mullen born 1831 in drumkee Dungannon Co Tyrone in the Parish of Killyman. He moved to Belfast and married Elizabeth Magilton born 1833.

fingers crossed

Colette.

Hello Colette,
Are you still searching for John Mullen ???

Christopher

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 November 08 09:04 GMT (UK) »
I am Christopher  :)

Offline MBM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 March 10 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Colette,
Do you have any information on Elizabeths parents and ancestors? I am researching Magilton's in Ireland and Scotland.

Cheers,
Matthew.
Magilton-world, McGilton-world, Dott-Fife & Aust, Ward-Shoreditch & Victoria, Byrne-Newry & Melbourne, McKean-Edin & Victoria, McKay-Lairg & Victoria, Paice-Battersea & Melbourne.

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 25 March 10 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Colette,
Do you have any information on Elizabeths parents and ancestors? I am researching Magilton's in Ireland and Scotland.

Cheers,
Matthew.

Hi Matthew, I havent been able to find Elizabeths details tho i did find the Marriage of her brother Thomas which she was witness at ( i got it in Proni and wrote in a note book which i cant find GRRRR)

I also have the birth and marriage details of Thomas daughter Elizabeth Magilton.

Baptism of Elizabeth Magilton 11th of November 1858
at saint malachys roman catholic church
Father Thomas Magilton  mother Catherine Brennon
witness Jane Muldoon

Marriage of Elizabeth Magilton to Thomas Lowry
3/4/1882
address 9 Ormeau Street
Father Thomas Magilton occupation miller
witness Sarah Jane Lorimer

Thomas Lowry occupation Coach builder
address was also given as 9 ormeau Street
Father Thomas lowry Occupation School Master
witness Fredrick Lennox
Married at Presbyterian church Donegall Pass

Belfast

hope this helps

Colette

Offline MBM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 March 10 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Colette.
Interesting that Thomas was a miller. The last owner of Ballcopeland windmill (now restored) was Samuel Mc/Magilton b-1879. His parents were Thomas and Mary Ann Fuller. Thomas died about 1900. Other members of the family ran windmills at places like Ballyhalbert and Ballyholme.
I also have a Thomas Magilton b1818 Kircubbin to Thomas and Elenor Young, but nothing more I can link to him.
I have a vague note about a Thomas working as a jeweller in Belfast in the 1890's and there are a few more Thomas' further afield.
Was Elizabeth Lowry, Thomas' only child?

Cheers,
Matthew.
Magilton-world, McGilton-world, Dott-Fife & Aust, Ward-Shoreditch & Victoria, Byrne-Newry & Melbourne, McKean-Edin & Victoria, McKay-Lairg & Victoria, Paice-Battersea & Melbourne.

Offline Ultima25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 July 11 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi There

just noticed this post about the McGilton's, Thomas's wife was Mary Ann Fulton instead of Fuller and they ran the Ballycopeland Windmill in Millisle. i have been researching the McGilton's for quite some time so if you would like any more information dont hesitate to get in contact, i have them as far back as 1790 with James and Maria McGilton being Thomas's parents.

Philip Murdoch