Author Topic: Mauritius  (Read 1540 times)

Offline john franks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mauritius
« on: Saturday 30 October 10 17:11 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to find bmd, census or other records from Mauritius for the late 1800s. I guess they will be in the National Archives somewhere but some steer would be appreciated.

Thanks

John
Mellanby One-name Study. Also family history of Walker, Braithwaite, Barrett, Weidner, Howard.

Offline marketbridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mauritius
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 August 12 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think we have a similar problem to yours - we are trying to trace birth records from Mauritius in 1853

Did you ever solve your problem, any help would be great

Alan

Offline john franks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan,

I can't help very much as I didn't get any replies to my post and I dropped the topic as I drifted off to other things. However I have just done a search of RootsChat for Mauritius and there are quite a few previous posts on that country which may be helpful to you. I would suggest you search for Mauritius under "Common Room" and "Other Countries". Also, as you might  expect, there are a number of useful looking references on Google if you look for Mauritius Family History.

By the way if you are new to RootsChat don't be put off if you get a rather limp response to a query. This has happened to me a number of times but I have also had extremely useful discussions in this forum as well.

Hope you make progress.

John
Mellanby One-name Study. Also family history of Walker, Braithwaite, Barrett, Weidner, Howard.

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 22:51 BST (UK) »
I've seen this forum recommended - I have no experience of it myself - apparently you can operate on it in English http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/Imaugen/
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan