Author Topic: LILIAN MAY ROBERTS - New Brighton, Wallasey  (Read 3439 times)

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
LILIAN MAY ROBERTS - New Brighton, Wallasey
« on: Wednesday 03 November 10 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find the parents of Lilian May Roberts for a friend. Lilian May married John Ernest Clay in 1919 in Emmanuel Church, New Brighton, Wallasey. I got this from Free BMD & The Cheshire Births, Marriages, Deaths website.
I don't want to send for the marriage cert unless I really have to. I believe the Parish Records for 1919 to be still at the Church. I wondered if anyone could check them for me. Big ask I know!!!
The other thing is that  I found a death for a Lilian May Clay in 1962 aged 66. This would make her born c 1896. And there is a birth on FREE BMD & Cheshire BMD for a Lillian May Clay in 1896 in Birkenhead district. I wonder if her baptism is recorded anywhere.
Any help much appreciated - My friend is 87 years old, and Lilian May was her mother!
Thanks

Norfolkgal
Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
MITCHELL,NEAL,PAGE,PALMER,PIGOTT,RATTHAM,RICHES,RIX,RUST,
SCOTT,STEGGLES,THOMPSON,TILLS,WALE,WHITE
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
Sfk-BULL,COWELL,FINCHAM,MASON,TOKELOVE,TRETT
Chesh-BLACKBRUFF,BROWN,BURNS,LEAH,MAJOR,NOMEN,ROBERTS,
ROBINSON,WARING

Offline danuslave

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My fashion sense isn't any better now!
    • View Profile
Re: LILIAN MAY ROBERTS - New Brighton, Wallasey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 November 10 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norfolkgal

Do you mean Lillian May Roberts for the BMD birth reference?

These might help to narrow the search

1901 census for Lillian May Roberts born Birkenhead area abt 1896

RG13/3393/112/65

12 Pensby Street,  Birkenhead

Edward Roberts  33    Blacksmith’s striker b Carnaervonshire
Catherine Roberts  35
John C Roberts  8
Constance M Roberts  6
Lillian M Roberts  5
Frederick Roberts  2
George E Roberts  11wks

RG13/3397/79/26

Whitford Rd, Birkenhead  [The writing is not very clear on this one]

Jane Roberts 39  Nurse  ??
William Vincent Roberts 7
Eliza W Roberts 6
Lillian Roberts 4
Ann Denney Roberts 48   Visitor  Maternity nurse
Ada Denney 21   Visitor  ??   nurse
Frank Denney 11   Visitor
Clara Ashhurst 29   Boarder
Lizzie Ashhurst 36 

Let me know if you want any more details

Linda
MOXHAM/MOXAM - Wiltshire & Surrey
SKEATS - Surrey
BRETT - Kent & County Durham
and
SWINBANK - anywhere

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 November 10 10:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for the 1901 census - I should have mentioned that I have already looked on the 1901 census
I have discounted the Lilian M shown as dau of Edward Roberts & Catherine - Someone found them for me on the 1911 census and it shows her as Lilian Maud nor Lilian May.
I suppose what would help is to find the Lilian daughter of Jane on the 1911 census.
Lilian is supposed to have a brother named Leonard and a sister named Winifred - maybe these would be on the 1911.
Anyway, thanks very much for trying to help.

Norfolkgal
Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
ROBINSON,WARING

Offline mandyesca

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 March 16 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I've just found this post by accident...I was Googling my late grandmother Lillian Clay. So..I am the grandaughter of Lillian. Her son was my father Derek who very sadly passed away nearly ten years ago. Lillian only had one other child who is my aunt Margaret also known as Peggy who must now be about  90. Unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of meeting my amazing grandmother but she left me many wonderful memories. ..as I believe it she was a very successful business woman ...I would love to hear any thing else about her.

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 March 16 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Lovely to hear from you - I had to stop and try and remember who this Lilian was? It was such a long time ago that Peggy asked me to look into her family tree.

Not sure if you know, but Peggy is still alive and reasonably well - 93 this year I think. My sister-in-law sees her often but she is on holiday at the moment. When she returns I will ask her to get in touch with you.

Regards
Norfolkgal
ROBINSON,WARING