Author Topic: "Scotting" lands in Burnham Thorpe & Castle Acre area  (Read 3196 times)

Offline dutch46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"Scotting" lands in Burnham Thorpe & Castle Acre area
« on: Thursday 11 November 10 19:38 GMT (UK) »
From several wills of my Scotting ancestors, I know names of tenements and lands (copyhold and freehold) in the Burnham area, Holden of the manor of Sir Phillipp Parker and the manor of Windham,  also lands etc. lying in Castle Acre & South Acre. All in the 16th & 17th Cent.
Does anyone know if surveys/drawings with the old 16th/17th C. field names etc. have survived and if so where I can find them?
I would very much like to find out if the lands of the manors cover part of the earlier occupied lands near Castle Acre. This would help to prove John Scottinge who died in 1625 at Burnham Thorpe, was born in Castle Acre as the son of yet another John Scottinge.
All help appreciated!
Perry Essex, Scotting Lnd, Holeman Lnd, Adams Ldn, Yendole Somerset, Bailie Somerset, Stoel Somerset, Gardner Newark Notts, Bryan Newark Notts, Laycock Whickham C.Durham, Renwick Ryton C.Durham, Turner Ryton C.Durham, Chambers Ryton C.Durham, Dickinson Chester Le Street C.Durham,Wanles Chester Le Street C.Durham, Philipson Ryton C.Durham, King Leasinham Lincs., Barsley Lincs., Milner Lincs., Blow Lincs.,Webster Dartford Kent, Mitchel Kent, Bolton Kent, Hook Kent, Cox Dartford Kent,