Author Topic: LOOKING FOR MY BIRTH MOTHER  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Harry Marconet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LOOKING FOR MY BIRTH MOTHER
« on: Sunday 14 November 10 05:41 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. I am looking for my birth mother. I recently got my birth certificate and it shows her name (*)  then Glasgow. Im not sure if this means where she lived or where she was born. I am unsure of her parents names or if she had any siblings. Her date of birth is (*). I was born on (*) at the Dundee Royal Infirmary. If anyone has any information or may know this person or her relatives please contact me. Thank you!

(*) Moderator Comment:  see next reply

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKING FOR MY BIRTH MOTHER
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 November 10 07:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Harry,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives.

Personal details of any people known or thought to be living will be removed, in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. So people here will be able to give you general tips and hints how to proceed, but not any concrete details.

You will also find more tips here:

Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html
and
Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

Good luck,

Cheers
Prue

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKING FOR MY BIRTH MOTHER
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 December 10 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Harry,as someone who has been down this path,firstly I would urge you to think long and hard before searching.It can bring out a range of emotions from curiosity to anger and bewilderment.If however you want some pointers or just to chat about the pros and cons of tracking your birth parents then feel free to send me a personal message and I will do what I can to help.

George.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth