Author Topic: *COMPLETED* Birth Look-Up - John Vincent of Barford circa 1816  (Read 1302 times)

Offline GeorgeRP

• RootsChat Member
  • Proud Australian
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* Birth Look-Up - John Vincent of Barford circa 1816
« on: Wednesday 17 November 10 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Every-one,

First and foremost, would some-one please advise me , if Barford is in the Oxfordshire Region of the U.K. so that I know I have posted this correctly.

My name is George, and I live in Townsville Queensland Australia.  I am seeking information on a John Vincent, supposedly born in Barford circa 1816.  He travelled to Australia when he was 13 years old [approx]. He resided in the Tasmania, Hobart area, where he married and had nine children. [Spouse Unknown]. He died on the 25th June 1886 in the Franklin Region of Tasmania [ie; Hobart]. His Death Notice doesn't state his spouses name.

Would some-one be able to tell me the parents of John, and correct date of birth. His Mothers maiden name was Springall. There is some information on the Tasmanian web-site, relating too Immigration from England, a John is stated, with a birth date of 1916, however, I'm not convinced that person named is my G-Great Grandfather.

All the information above, is derived from his Death Notice ie; [The Mercury, dated 01/07/1886],  the local newspaper at the time of his death.
Any help would be appreciated.

George
Vincent - Tasmania - Victoria - Australia
Polson - Tasmania - Australia
Broad - Tasmania - Australia

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Look-Up - John Vincent of Barford circa 1816
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 November 10 05:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi George,
If you you a google search you will find Barford and Great Barford are  both in Oxfordshire.

I would suggest you contact the Oxford Family History Society and see if they will do a search from
amongst their many records. I'm sure if you contact them at this address you will be pleasantly surprised
with what they have to offer;
http://searches.oxfordshirefhs.org.uk/#general

The reason I'm suggesting this method is because the IGI has little information on Barford. I did try the IGI but
had little success.

You can even buy CDs which contain several parish registers on each. In this case Barford x 2 parishes
are contained in CD OXF-BAN04.

I have purchased several CDs from them and find them invaluable. I'm not associated in any way with the OFHS.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline GeorgeRP

• RootsChat Member
  • Proud Australian
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Look-Up - John Vincent of Barford circa 1816
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 November 10 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alan,

Thank-you for your advice.