Author Topic: Grennan & Flatley families - Ballaghaderreen  (Read 4605 times)

Offline joes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Grennan & Flatley families - Ballaghaderreen
« on: Wednesday 17 November 10 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Requesting/willing to share information about the Grennan family that lived in Ballaghaderreen from at least mid-19th century till moving to Dublin in 1950s.  Patrick Grennan (c. 1855-1921) married Anne Flatley (c. 1871-1927).  They had  6 children: Mary Anne "Annie" (b. 1888), Andrew (b. 1889), John Joseph (b. 1891), Thomas F. (b. 1895), Patrick (b. 1899), and a 6th child who died.  They operated a grocery/confectionary store on Main St.  All surviving children except the youngest, Patrick, immigrated to the USA at different times before 1920.

Offline grennand

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Grennan & Flatley families - Ballaghaderreen
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 February 11 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Requesting/willing to share information about the Grennan family that lived in Ballaghaderreen from at least mid-19th century till moving to Dublin in 1950s.  Patrick Grennan (c. 1855-1921) married Anne Flatley (c. 1871-1927).  They had  6 children: Mary Anne "Annie" (b. 1888), Andrew (b. 1889), John Joseph (b. 1891), Thomas F. (b. 1895), Patrick (b. 1899), and a 6th child who died.  They operated a grocery/confectionary store on Main St.  All surviving children except the youngest, Patrick, immigrated to the USA at different times before 1920.

Hi,
My father was from Ballaghadreen at the time. Would like to exchange information on these families.

Offline Fionathefabulous

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 October 11 01:37 BST (UK) »

Offline Fionathefabulous

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 October 11 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Joes. We have a connection (in fact we have 2, I think). Patrick (RIP 1921) had a son Andrew who moved to NY, was a cop, and drowned in 1927. He married a girl called Anna Horkan from Carralackey  - We are related to this lady.
Also my GGgrandfather's sister Mary Horkan married Thomas Horkan who I understand is also a son of your Patrick Horkan (RIP 1921).
Finally your Patrick (RIP 1921)'s father was an Andrew Grennan of Knocknacunny 1801-1875 as far as I know.

I'd like to swap info. Also if you check MyHeritage, a person called Niall Grennan (who appears to be a grandson of your Patrick Grennan) has a good few Grennans on his tree. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Offline Fionathefabulous

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 October 11 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Joes. The Thomas to whom I refer is a BROTHER of your Patrick (RIP 1921), not a son.