Author Topic: Radomske family  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Phaydra

• RootsChat Extra
  • The drapers, david and mary, and peter and his unc
    • View Profile
Radomske family
« on: Sunday 21 November 10 02:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi im hoping for some help with one of my ancestral lines. ive hit a dead end with my Radomske line. I have found info saying that the radomske family came to canada on the ship "Pennsylvania" and the shipping line was Hamburg-Amerika Line. The name is spelled differently for two family members. My great grandfathers name was spelled  Rodomski, and his son and daughter in law were spelled radomsky further down the page in 1902. they landed in ellis island. The family has lived in dakota, but some of them eventually settles in forestburg alberta. this is where my great grandfather johan died in 1916. it says he was romanian, but i think his ancesters were originally from germany, and his family immigrated through the black sea region during catherine the greats reign. I was told he was born in Dobrudscha, Romania, but i have no way of checking this. i want to find his birth certificate, and I also want to find his death certificate in alberta, both searches have been fruitless. He was born in march of 1832, but again, this is coming from a family tree which may or may not be accurate. I dont know romanian, or german for that matter. any help at all with this family would be so greatly appreciated!

thank you in advance to anyone at all who may be able to help me.
Kent, Dover

Surname interests Drake-Kent,dover
Draper-hampshire
Radomske-Poland,russia,ukraine
Grosset-scotland

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
Re: Radomske family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 November 10 15:07 GMT (UK) »

Have you checked here -

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=home

I just entered the name Rodomski and had two pages of entries. Unfortunately, the places of birth varied - Prussia, Poland, Germany, and Russia!!

Can you supply more info ie full name, approximate year of birth etc to narrow down the possibilities?

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 10 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Alberta BMDs are hard to trace because there's no bmd database like for other places.
These are the people to contact if you are outside Alberta and need a certificate:
http://www.e-registry.ca/services/pvs.php

http://www.ourroots.ca
 - this site has many local history books.  Is this part of your family? (talks about "Drombrovitch", Romania, Dakota and Alberta):
http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=756984&qryID=ddb8f039-04ba-4ec3-85c4-b0da7d815d40
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Phaydra

• RootsChat Extra
  • The drapers, david and mary, and peter and his unc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 November 10 22:07 GMT (UK) »
yes, the book is right, it is my family. my problem is that there is next to no info about augusts (my ggrandfather) father johann (or john) all i know is what i had written below. he was born in 1832 in romania (place spelled out below) and that he died in alberta in 1916, but i cant find a record of it to order the certificate which might tell me more. theres got to be a way to find out more but im really not sure how to go about it. the family is huge, everyone had 7-10 children, and it all goes back to him, but i dont know if he had siblings, or who his parents were. id like to find out as much as i can but there is the language barrier, and not all sites have the capacity to translate to english.
Kent, Dover

Surname interests Drake-Kent,dover
Draper-hampshire
Radomske-Poland,russia,ukraine
Grosset-scotland

Offline Maryam

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 November 10 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi
SS Pennsylvania
Departing Hamburg 2nd April 1902
Arriving New York 17th April 1902

Michael RADOMSKY 28 Labourer; fare paid by himself
Wilhelmine RADOMSKY 22 Wife
Christine RADOMSKY 10mths Child
All: nationality: Romanian; last residence: ?Ortakio; final destination in US: ?Fessenden, ND? (North Dakota?) going to join: Father in Law, Jakos Kinga

On the same page:

Johann RADOMSKY 67 Labourer; fare paid by son
Wilhelmine RADOMSKY 54 Wife
August RADOMSKY 16 Child
Jakob or Jakub RADOMSKY 11 Child
All: nationality: Romanian; last residence: ?Ortakio; final destination in US: ?Fessenden, ND? (North Dakota?) going to join: Son, Carl Radomsky

SS Patria
Departing Hamburg 19th March 1899
Arriving New York 1st April 1899

Carl RADOMSKY 16 Labourer
Nationality: Romanian
Last residence: ?Aomodsda (others on page seem to read Amadscha)
Fare paid by himself
Final destination: Cathay xxx (others on page read Cathay, North Dakota)
Not going to join anyone

1916 Census of Manitoba, Saskatchewan & Alberta
22 Red Deer, Alberta
RADOMSKY
Jacob Head 26 born Romania; Ev Lutheran; immigration yr: 1906; naturalised: 1910; nationality: Canadian; origin: German; farmer
Christina Wife 21 born Romania; Baptist; immigration yr: 1906; na; nationality: Canadian; origin: German
Nora Mathilda Daughter 20 days born Al; Baptist: nationality: Canadian; origin: German
Wilhilmine Mother 68 born Austria; Ev Lutheran; immigration yr: 1906; al(ien); nationality: Austrian ; origin: German  (Added: Wilhilmine listed as Widow)

Kind regards
Maryam

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 November 10 11:20 GMT (UK) »
www.automatedgenealogy.com I think has some of this family:

1911 / Alberta / Strathcona / 12 Townships 41 / page 4
as "Radomski" - Jacob and mother "Minnie" (Minnie listed as married but no sign of husband)
1911 / Alberta / Strathcona / 12 Townships 41 / page 11
as "Radomskie" - Carl and his wife.

www.ourfutureourpast.ca has some old newspapers - maybe in the Sedgewick papers you will find references to people from Forestburg, it's not so far.
You could also try and track down where the family are buried.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk