Author Topic: Am I missing somethig?  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Am I missing somethig?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 29 November 10 16:13 GMT (UK) »
If and I know it is a mighty big if you can strip oput the replacement naming for children who died in infancy, then you just might find that there is a pattern, and the children are not named at random or by the law of sod. Worth a look if you can find the date, who knows whilst looking you might find the answer.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline bbworlaby

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 November 19 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elsa-Mary
I don't know if you have now found the information you wanted about Peter Lunt but I can tell you that I am a DNA match with two of Peter's descendants (one from his son James and the other from his daughter Mary Ann) and as I am descended from Peter's brother Brian this makes it extremely likely that the match is through their parents Brian Lunt and Mary Smith because I have a fairly extensive tree with no other obvious family connections with my DNA matches.  I see from your posts that you may have some information about the Lunts that I don't have so I would be really interested to see your tree if this is possible.  Mine is on a number of different site under various titles.
Best regards, Barbara

Offline Elsa-Mary

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 09 November 19 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Wow--sorry been in Wales till now --so had not been able to think about this--my younger sister--also a Lunt at birth died--her name Edwina Alexandra  Louise-I am basically Elsa-Mary Lunt born N .Ireland !!!1947 - In Newtownards married surname Owen-now divorced--so now I am only  Lunt of 1st marriage of James Harold Lunt 1914 Birkenhead--son of John Lunt--I haVe NOT WANTED TO  DO DNA--REALISING the impact on my family-they use thgis stuff for manyout ins purposes-but hey.I am now 72--so maybe take a chance-as-- RUMOUR!! HAS IT--not found it to be so-- we may have Jewish heritage!----no proof at all
o at all --oinly JOhn Lunt--seemed a  bloody good business man-- I  have been fortunate to have family bible type,insertions from then--I know the family branched  OUT FROM  MARY ANNE-would love to know about her  background--have some-not confirmed--cN WE ASSIST EACH OTHER??
Lunt, Greenwood, Lancashire/Cheshire/N Ireland.
Taggart,Robinson,Bates. N Ireland
Roberts, Liverpool.
Amos, Mostyn, Flintshire.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 09 November 19 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Regarding your mysterious Peter is it possible that he is son of an unmarried female Lunt hence harder to find
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Elsa-Mary

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 November 19 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 Yes I do think that is very possible an illegitate birth--but to whom??-- ???
Lunt, Greenwood, Lancashire/Cheshire/N Ireland.
Taggart,Robinson,Bates. N Ireland
Roberts, Liverpool.
Amos, Mostyn, Flintshire.