Author Topic: Genes Reunited ---muck up again  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Genes Reunited ---muck up again
« on: Wednesday 24 November 10 21:09 GMT (UK) »
A few days ago I had an e-mail from Genes saying that my sub was to be renewed by the end pof month. Today I get an e-mail to say that aa a valued customer they would offer me 20% off my sub if I applied at least one month before it was due for renewal----so I have missed the boat. Feel a little annoyed .
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Genes Reunited ---muck up again
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 November 10 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Have kyou had a look at the Genealogist, worth a peek

marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 November 10 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Had problems with Genealogist a few years ago over a sub which I had paid and they said I hadnt. I quite like rthe contact facility on Genes and I have been able to share pictures and records with others which you dont get on Genes. I do have a sub to Ancestry also.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 November 10 10:11 GMT (UK) »
I would email them and explain  that you are a little pis...... annoyed ;)

Give them the chance to offer you the discount that they've only just advised you about.

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 November 10 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Have done so---await their reply and will inform board.
Ringrose

Offline Pootle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 November 10 11:13 GMT (UK) »
I'm a member of Genes. You still get the 20% discount if you renew within the month AFTER your renewal date too.  :)
Goldstein, Lipchinsky, Tooley, Howes, Snowden, Blyth
Boston (Lincolnshire), Kalisz in Poland, Hemsworth (Yorkshire), Scotland

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 25 November 10 11:41 GMT (UK) »
I got an e-mail a couple of days ago headed "Check out your new standard package".  One of the things was Exclusive Loyalty Discount (not sure how it can be exclusive when FindMyPast for one does the same thing!), which states
You have to renew within 1 month of your expiry date to receive your 20% discount.
so as Pootle says, you can get the discount up to 1 month after the expiry date.

What is interesting is that there is now FREE access to non indexed birth records, without having to buy credits, but you still have to search through the list to find your own ancestor, so FreeBMD is much easier. 

Lizzie