Author Topic: Butler,Evans,Jones?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Butler,Evans,Jones?
« on: Friday 10 December 10 10:49 GMT (UK) »
HI,,I have the following details

birth in Atherstone,, Mezzale Jones 19th June 1925  mother Violet Jones a general hawker,no father details.
signature of informant   x the mark of Louis Butler  occupier of Black boy yard,station street ,Atherstone.

marriage,,,Missy Butler {the aforementioned Mezzale Jones} and Kenneth Evans in Stratford on Avon in 1949

Missy is 23 years old,,,Kenneth is 26

fathers given as  Leonard John Evans a Trapper.....Elias Butler  a scrap metal dealer
One of the witnesses was a Violet May Butler.

i believe that Violet May Butler is the Violet Jones,,mother of Missy/Mezzale jones.
However,,,,i cannot get any further back,,,i cannot see a marriage of Violet Jones to a Butler. I cannot find a Leonard John Evans that fits....

The families  are supposedely traveller/gypsy families,,,and i just cannot find anything else.  Any suggestions?  ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk