Author Topic: Lookup Illawarra Mercury - Margaret Robina ARMSTRONG  (Read 2564 times)

Offline ajf25

• RootsChat Veteran
  • David John Hawker
    • View Profile
Lookup Illawarra Mercury - Margaret Robina ARMSTRONG
« on: Saturday 18 December 10 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm doing some research for my sister in law who knows very little about her family.

Her grandmother Margaret Robina Armstrong (maiden name Rigby, first married name Russell) died 20 Jun 1999, late of Warrawong, NSW.

Her death notice was in the Illawarra Mercury on 21 Jun 1999 (ref: Ryerson Index).  I checked whether that newspaper was one they can do lookups on, but it appears not.

What she is really interested in is the content of the notice, with any other names she can follow up.  I am fully aware some of these people may well still be living, so if some kind soul has access to newspapers, perhaps at the library, and can find that information, perhaps you could PM me with the information.

EDIT: Additional information - Margaret's (Peg) husband, Ronald George Armstrong d. 5 Feb 2002, late of Warrawong, NSW (Illawarra Mercury 9 Feb 2002).  Whilst he is not directly related, there may be other information in his death notice that may help. Again, PM's would be the way to go.

Asking a lot I know, but thanks
Alison  :)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Illawarra Mercury - Margaret Robina Armstrong
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 December 10 03:26 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps a request to the Wollongong Library for a lookup - the Illawarra Mercury is listed as a Local newspapers held permanently in the Local Studies Library
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0asn/

Ask a Librarian
http://www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/library/contactus/Pages/default.aspx

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ajf25

• RootsChat Veteran
  • David John Hawker
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Illawarra Mercury - Margaret Robina ARMSTRONG
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 December 10 07:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cando,

Thank you.  Will do.

Alison  :)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 January 11 01:17 GMT (UK) »
Death Notice

Illawarra Mercury, Monday June 21, 1999

ARMSTRONG, Margaret Robina (Peg) - June 20, 1999 at hospital of Warrawong; dearly beloved wife of Ron, loved mother and mother-in-law of  Robert (dec), Rhonda and Tony Bush, Evonne and John Hooper, much loved gran of Leah, Paul, Carrie, Jeremy, Troy, John and Jacinta.  Will be sadly missed by her loving family and dear friends.  Aged 78 years.
Funeral was at Wollongong Crematorium, Tuesday June 22.  Undertakers: Rankins.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 January 11 03:18 GMT (UK) »
Illawarra Mercury February 9, 2002
ARMSTRONG Ronald George - February 5, 2002.  At hospital of Warrawong. Aged 83. Beloved husband of Peg (dec) father and father-in-law of Ron and Lorraine,  Rhonda and Tony, Evonne and John.
Funeral was held at  Rankins Funeral Home - no mention of burial/cremation.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ajf25

• RootsChat Veteran
  • David John Hawker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 January 11 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Judith,

There's a lot of information in the notices for her to go on.

Cheers,
Alison