Author Topic: JAMAICA: Almond / Dias  (Read 2318 times)

Offline julieann67

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
JAMAICA: Almond / Dias
« on: Sunday 19 December 10 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have been trying to find more out about my ancestor George Samuel Dias c1882-1916. The 1911 UK Census states he was a Jamaica Resident as his birthplace he was living in Toxteth Park Liverpool and his occupation is Seaman. He married Sarah Ward in toxteth Park Liverpool 1903 the marriage certificate states his father as being William Almond occupation Planter.
I have tried endlessly to try and find more out about him, He died in 1916 so none of the surviving family knew much about him.
I have contacted various resources in Jamaica and have joined the Jamaica Family Search site but have yet to find out anything about him.
It was suggested that he was possibly from unmarried parents as he does not have his fathers name, as his father is noted as being a planter I wondered if this meant anything.
I would appreciate any advice or help anyone can give
Julie

Offline Serrano

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JAMAICA: Almond / Dias
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 February 22 21:41 GMT (UK) »
I am the great great granddaughter of George Samuel Dias and I'm also trying to trace my family tree, what's your relation? I'm from Liverpool, England, my name is Inca Serrano I'm 33. Please get back to me when you have some time. Sending love & hugs

Offline Nikicoco

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JAMAICA: Almond / Dias
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 April 23 09:48 BST (UK) »
My Grandad is George Samuel Dias jr. He was born in Toxteth and ended up in Dagenham, Essex. He was married to my nan Doris Dias nee. Bradley. They had 11 children- (Gloria) Carmen, (Romon) George, Maria, Alfie, Clayton, Keith, Dolores, Debra,  Toni (I can't remember her birth name, everyone called her Toni), Carlos, Don.

Dolores does january 2022 and Toni died the end of 2022. The rest of the siblings.are still alive and all living in the UK. my name is Nikola Carter and I'm 39. I have a brother named Stuart Watts who now lives in Canada.