Author Topic: Home Children  (Read 30467 times)

Offline Sal1525

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marraige Look-Ups. Deaths_a Bonus.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 December 10 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Dearest Cosmac,
Thankyou for your reply,and effort in finding the information that you have found. I really appreciate it.
Fantastic news on Kezia. I didn`t know any of that, and it is possible that you viewed my tree on Ancestry, Nancey456?  Yes, I am mixed up with records and dates and being unable to move my search on,so I posted here, you have all been a revelation to me, thankyou.
I was unaware that Keziah was in Barnados? How did you find the travel/ship details? For future reference for me.
She was 9 years old, I had assumed that Kezia had emigrated as an adult, now that her Mother was settled and married.  No surprise then that her Mother was not on any paperwork at the time of Kezia`s arrival.  So, I am wondering now that is she ,Kezia, the Elizabeth marrying Charles Randle? Using her middle name.  Where would children be taken to upon arrival? Anyone have any ideas?
Charles is a Teamster_what is that occupation please?  So I have the wrong parents for Charles then?  Highly probable-the marraige entry which you have found is  a very strong likelihood that shows it is the people I was trying so hard to find.
Thomas Rundle, do you think that is a spelling variation of the surname or a spelling mistake?

Would you mind telling me what is OCFA please?  The Burial information for Kezia and Edward is fantastic findings for me , thankyou very much.  I will add this new information to my tree and see what is revealed. And if I am lucky, as with Sandra`s input  yesterday , I might yield good results.

I will chase up, as best I can, the other people that you found in the cemetary. Well done, Thank you.
I am off to dig some more.
Jordan. Bartlett. Arnold. Beaney. Pickett. Brazil.  Huckstep. Eastwood. Potter. Dighton. French----Kent. Bucks. Essex. Sussex. London.  Kirby. Martin----Ireland.
Brewin. Gregory. Dixon. Merchant. Welsh. Leicestershire. Lincolnshire.

Offline Sal1525

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 December 10 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi
  During my search for the Arnolds etc.. a nice lady gave me some details on the Dr Barnados connections and those that had emigrated, for which I am eternally grateful as I doubt that I would have put the pieces together ,so I have gone through the notes that I have from this lady.

Elizabeth Merchant , (Mother), was born in Leics about 1860,  Father John.   Somehow she was in Hammersmith London and had a daughter Ellen 1879 then she was in Chatham Kent and had another daughter Susanna 1880, unmarried.  I think that these 2 girls are one and the same, as I find her in Derby with Robert Welsh and Susanna in the 1881c. but no Ellen. She marries Robert in 1882 Derby. These 2 records are the only ones that I have for Robert Welsh, Father Matthew.  The 1866 birth record is not him.
Her son Robert is next born 1882? Sheffield_I don`t believe this to be true-just what she states in the letter to Dr Barnados when she puts Robert and son John B/ 1886 Islington, into care. 7 Feb 1890
No whereabouts known  for Ellen and Susanna.  Years later Ellen turns up in Derby married.

Elizabeth has another daughter Althenia B/1888 Millwall, she goes into care for a while ? and is re-named Obinia Welch but then turns up in Chatham named Althenia in the 1911c.   Robert Snr dies, alledgedly Leics; Infirmary date unknown.
Then Elizabeth Merchant appears with Thomas Brown in Chatham and has a daughter Faith B/1882. Unmarried. 
Next she has 6 more children with Edward Arnold and marries him in Chatham 1899. Edward is believed to have drowned in the River Thames.? As they both worked in and around the Dockyards I am wondering if Edward had an accident via work.

I realise that this is a lot to throw at you all, but it does appear to be a complicated story. I cannot track down Elizabeth and Roberts backgrounds before they married. And I am chasing the Canadian links. Plus a death entry for Edward.
Thanks for all your help that I have received so far.
 I have found the WW1 records for Robert and Elijah in Canada.  Robert uses the name King from time to time and has given a different DOB but states  as being from Chatham. The lady that passed me the information in the beginning found a death, I now see, for Kezia 20 July 1984 Brockville Canada but no way of confirming wether it is correct or not?

I shall now go and see what else I can draw upon with the paperwork.

Jordan. Bartlett. Arnold. Beaney. Pickett. Brazil.  Huckstep. Eastwood. Potter. Dighton. French----Kent. Bucks. Essex. Sussex. London.  Kirby. Martin----Ireland.

Offline Sal1525

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 December 10 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cosmac
I have put your info that you found for me into the Ancestry tree. 
I wanted to ask you which part of Montreal did Kezia arrive at?
I am coming across entries for Edward H Randles, Thomas Edward Randles and don`t know, as of yet if they are connected or not. I am thinking that they may be brothers.  Both they and thier wives seem born/living in Ontario  It may be that Charles married twice.
I definately have a lot more digging to do with Kezia and Charles. 

I don`t know what become of John Welch-can`t seem to find anything on him. Elijah`s wife is only known as Hannah-any Ideas?

Catch you soon

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BHC - Keziah Elizabeth Arnold ( Randle)
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 December 10 01:09 GMT (UK) »
55 Markham St, Toronto http://data2.archives.ca/cef/gpc017/662640a.gif  birth jan 28 1887
so he should be in the odd directory listing here:  http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Might%20Directories%20Ltd.%22
You can cross reference the address searches as well at the beginning of the directory
Keziah Elizabeth Arnold in 1911 census
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/View.jsp?id=92640&highlight=7

Although unrelated, there are many non-matched surnames on page who may also be home children on page Part of Lot 11 Con 2 so will list them as well for others searching
Rosie May Moreiss  ... age15  &  Jessie Dawson Jessie  age 11 both in same household as yours
James Hall Thompson  age 10        Thomas Thompson age 11    Rosie Fitzsommins  age 10     
Lilian Barbra Smith age 10    Daniel Downs age 11
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Sal1525

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 23 December 10 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi JJ
Tremendous thanks to you. I have been viewing the sites that you posted_shall be most useful to me.  I cannot believe how much info in such a short time you guys `n` gals  have pulled up.
Really chuffed-thank you.

If anyone could work thier magic in locating John Welch I shall be over the moon.
Be back soon

Offline Sal1525

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 23 December 10 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi JJ

I am fascinated by the tweety bird genealogy site. So far I have found Kezia and Edward Arnold.
The site is most interesting, had never heard of it before, located on your boards. Thankyou

Offline Sal1525

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 December 10 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have been able to track down photos for two of  the ships that the children sailed in from Liverpool to Canada;   Tunisian and Dominion at;

http://www.photoships.co.uk/

Great site if you are interested in Shipping, boats, etc...
The http://www.miramarshipindex.org.nz  has a list of Marine sites.

I am off to try and find my elusive John Welch.

Offline Sal1525

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 31 December 10 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I would really appreciate any help in tracing John and Robert Welch_I have been on several sites trying to find out what became of them after thier arrival in Canada ____Departing from Liverpool on the  17 March 1892.
I found Roberts WW1 Service Record_married to a Hannah. That`s it.

Any further input shall be greatly valued.

Offline vbain

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 31 December 10 14:28 GMT (UK) »
You could try:
automatedgenealogy.com
It has 1901 and 1911.
I found several Johns and Roberts, but not together.