Author Topic: Isted's of East Sussex  (Read 13728 times)

Offline Wozza

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isted's of East Sussex
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 January 11 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Firstly, may I say Happy New Year to you all from a very hot Sydney. Geez! So many
replies & so soon. I'm stumped for words, but for now, a mighty heartfelt thank you.

I will see what turns up from the information received. Again many thank's.

Wozza

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 January 11 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wozza

Given Sean's find here
Looks like James & Mary were in the Workhouse at Battle in 1841 from the census records.

James Isted buried at Ashburnham 5 Nov 1844 (Age 84)
Mary Isted buried at Ashburnham 4 Jul 1843 (Age 71, Battle Union Workhouse)

Sean

I think the East Grinstead/West hoathly families on your other thread can be discounted - that's something at least  :)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=506106.msg3648058#msg3648058

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Wozza

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 February 11 06:05 GMT (UK) »
G'day Janan, I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. It has been quite a few weeks since
our last contact concerning the American contact you gave me details for, and sadly whilst
I still have her address, I have mislaid Her name somewhere. I am stiil awaiting a reply to
the message that I sent to her ( aknowledgement of receipt of email ). From time to time I
get emails from people that I have no idea who they are ( scam type ) , and as a result I delete them straight away. One of them may have been the one I was awaiting, but I did
not recognise the name, and the subject line did not reflect my inquiry.

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to resend the name and address again please Jan ?

Regards,

Wozza.

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 13 February 11 12:21 GMT (UK) »
G'day Janan, I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. It has been quite a few weeks since
our last contact concerning the American contact you gave me details for, and sadly whilst
I still have her address, I have mislaid Her name somewhere. I am stiil awaiting a reply to
the message that I sent to her ( aknowledgement of receipt of email ). From time to time I
get emails from people that I have no idea who they are ( scam type ) , and as a result I delete them straight away. One of them may have been the one I was awaiting, but I did
not recognise the name, and the subject line did not reflect my inquiry.

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to resend the name and address again please Jan ?

Regards,

Wozza.

Hi Wozza

I would happily do this but it wasn't me who gave you the contact. Looking back over your threads I think it might have been Jane Masri - she mentions an Ancestry tree owned by Lisa Lynn Henry.

Hope this helps
Jan ;)

ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 July 11 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am researching Isted's of Ashburnham I have got back to Thomas b.1806? and Charlotte (?Clark) b.1811.  I presume they are linked with the Isteds in this link but cannot find out where.

I have their children as Thomas, Ann (not in 1851 census)Henry, Caroline & James (as per 1841 census) and them plus John, Emily, Alfred, Sarah and George in the 1851 census. 

I then have Eliza and Lydia Charlotte (who is the link to my family tree through marriage to firstly James Parrish and then Edward (Edwin) Archer.

Any help you can give me to firm up the tree and possibly take it back further would be appreciated.

Nanny with Rosie
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 July 11 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Nanny with Rosie

Baptism for Thomas is 12 October 1806 at Ashburnham to Thomas and Philadelphia Isted.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 04 July 11 22:10 BST (UK) »
He married Charlotte Clark at Ashburnham on 21 October 1831.

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 04 July 11 22:15 BST (UK) »
Thomas snr married Philadelphia Eastland at Ashburnham on 26 October 1803.

The James Isted mentioned in this thread was born 1760 if my sums are correct so could be Thomas snr's brother or uncle??

Kerry

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 08:08 BST (UK) »
Kerryb

Thank you for that info - it now gives me the scope to move back one generation and hopefully link in the other Isteds from Ashburton. 

Looking on Google maps it was a very small village.

Nanny with Rosie

Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset