Author Topic: Isted's of East Sussex  (Read 13698 times)

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
Re: Isted's of East Sussex
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 05 July 11 20:23 BST (UK) »
You have been busy - thank you.

I cannot remember where I found the details as it is some time since I worked on this part of the tree, but I would have checked Freebmd to establish years and it is usual for twins to have the same reference. 

Thank you for the link to the village, I don't know the area at all so it will be interesting to get a feel for the area.

NANNY WITH ROSIE
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset

Offline moorey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 03 April 14 12:28 BST (UK) »
Greetings - my first post ( I think) Recently found on microfisch a Thomas Isted married (or banns) to Sarah Moore of Beddingham 28/1/1801. I can't find either in any census from 1841 onwards. I'm not even sure of where Sarah fits into my family tree ( and I have quite a large tree) but since the Moores overran Beddingham from about 1750 until 1880 Sarah must belong in there somewhere. Can anyone help please?

Golly! Can't be my first posting as that is a 10 year old photo of me. I should update it but it's a lot better than my most recent one so I think I'll leave it :-)
Moore (East Sussex) Vickery (London - Australia)

Offline Nanny with Rosie

• RootsChat Member
  • Rosie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 03 April 14 16:20 BST (UK) »
Afternoon Moorey.   

I have looked onto my Isted tree and a Thomas Isted m. Philadelphia Eastland in 1803 in the village of Ashburnham in Sussex.  I do not have any Thomas Isted marrying a Sarah Moore that I can find. 

NANNY WITH ROSIE
Baker, Cousens/Couzins, Delo, Goldsack, Hayes, Matson, Munday, Shether/Sheather, in Kent
Askew/Henocq/Wigglesworth in London/Middx/Norfolk and Yorkshire
Lonsdales in Lancashire
Saunders in Lancashire/South Wales and Somerset

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Wozza

The name Isted was also a corruption of the name Eastwood (or visa versa, I'm not entirely sure!), & as the Eastwood's were a very prolific East Sussex family you may want to check any missing "Isted's" under "Eastwood".

Don't know if that helps at all, or if that just makes things worse!

Lady Nicotine
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent