Author Topic: Samuel & Emily Jane GRIMISH  (Read 5147 times)

Offline hd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel & Emily Jane GRIMISH
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 January 11 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gerry,those people are my dads Uncle and Aunt plus his cousin Bernie .never met them put it is good to get info as to where they lived and what they did,very much gives me a picture  of the family.My dad was born in a hosptial in New farm somewhere,think he mentioned James Street.New farm seemed very popular with these families. i am very grateful for the information you have sent.CHEERS Helen 8)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 January 11 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Helen.
Pleased to be able to help.

I see there was a Baron Grimish as well in Brisbane in the 1921 & 1925 Electoral Rolls and he was in WA 1910 & 1916 then Sydney 1836 & 37.

Baron (35) also appeared on the 1895 Electoral Roll in Brisbane as well.

Gerry

Offline hd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 January 11 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Gerry, you are very helpfull.I think Baron Grimish was Samuel's nephew,the son of Isadore Grimish (i think) i have come across his name before.I am trying to find out what happened to Samuels and Janes children after the mum died 1901.one thing i have been able to find thanks to all the great researchers is Clara (my gran) was at New Farm State School 1901 and so was her brother Bernard Aaron,so may be she did live in  Jewish foster care around New Farm Thanks again gee this things just get deeper and deeper don't they. CHEERS ;)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 January 11 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Helen,

I can see from the Queensland Schools Pupils Index that Clara Grimish and Bernard Grimish (registered as Barnard) were pupils at New Farm State School in 1901.

Gerry