Author Topic: Jeremiah Murphy St Vincent and the Grenadens  (Read 1994 times)

Offline susyswan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jeremiah Murphy St Vincent and the Grenadens
« on: Tuesday 18 January 11 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello My daughter in laws father was born in St Vincent he is a white caribbean .his surname is Murphy. i have looked and found a marriage for Jeremiah Murphy and Daisy Greaves in 1917 and the birth of a child in 1920. but no more births . i think i have found Jeremiahs birth in Kerry Ireland in 1892 but no parents names. how can i find out when he went to St Vincent. can any body help thank you.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremiah Murphy St Vincent and the Grenadens
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 January 11 18:14 GMT (UK) »
hello susyswan
can you clarify when you say you,ve found a marriage in 1917 was that marriage in eng or st vincent same with the child was it born eng or st vincent only i,ve looked in the emigration records for him and because they don,t give a destination for st vincent and grenadens and i know nothing of geography what would be the nearest place that emigrants would go to also while i think of it do you know what j,s occupation was
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline susyswan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 January 11 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Thank you for your reply. i think i have found him sailing from Liverpool to New York in 1916 . but there is no year of birth .  i have also found 4 Jeremiah Murphy's born in Kerry in Ireland in 1892 all in different  places . the marriage i found in St Vincent was in St George an area of St Vincent in 1917. Jeremiah Murphy married Daisy Greaves in 1917 . their child July Lawrenston Murphy was born in 1920 in St Vincent. hope this helps. thank you for your help. Sue.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 January 11 09:32 GMT (UK) »
hello susyswan
the only record for 1916 on f m p is for a j murphy ( male child) and a hanna murphy and john a murphy , is this the same record you,ve got ?  also look at my last post can you answer any of those questions only it will make it easier for me to pin point him if possible , i,ll have a look later need to go out now speak soon

trevor

Offline susyswan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 January 11 13:04 GMT (UK) »
I looked on family search  and there is a marriage for Jeremiah Murphy and Daisy Greaves in St George in 1917. i have found a Daisy Greaves born in Barbados in 1897. and the birth of a child in 1920 in St Vincent. i  don't know what occupation Jeremiah had. Sue.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 January 11 15:18 GMT (UK) »
hi sue
sorry to be a pain but think we need to step bac and start again here goes as i,ve no idea what the set up is with birth marriage and death records for the carribean can you tell me or find out does your daughter in law have a birth cert with her mothers maiden name on it , next what records for b m d are available in the carribean , only if we can establish who her mother is then work back from that for a marriage and so on , i,ve just realised also in your first post you,ve put that in effect jeremiah murphy is your dau in laws father well if he was born around the 1890, that would probably mean your dau in law was born say 1930,s by now she,d be about 80  ;D so j m must either be her  gt grandfather or her grandfather at a push , see what you can find out and we,ll have another go

trevor

Offline susyswan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 January 11 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello. The father of my daughter in law was born in St Vincent in abt 1949 . (he is abt 61). it is his grandfather i am looking for (my daughter in laws great grandfather) he was born in Kerry in Ireland in 1892. i have found 4 Jeremiah Murphys born in Kerry in 1892 all born in different parts of Kerry. i have found a Jeremiah Murphy sailing from Liverpool to New York in 1916 . hope this explains things better. Sue.