Author Topic: Tackaberry - Kilmuckridge  (Read 5267 times)

Offline cccarson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tackaberry - Kilmuckridge
« on: Wednesday 19 January 11 00:40 GMT (UK) »
Just new to RootsChat, but decided to see how it goes posting here!

Looking for information on George Tackaberry possibly from Kilmuckridge, but definitely from Wexford.

My gggrandmother Elizabeth Tackaberry, married William Whitmore in Oct of 1864 in Kilmuckridge. She lists her father as George Tackaberry. Elizabeth was born c1844 in Wexford (unknown exactly where) and since it was fairly common to get married in the brides parish, I'm assuming that her family was living in Kilmuckridge at the time.  Now begins my real dilemma...

The only George Tackaberry's I can find reference for getting married in Wexford are married to Frances Marks (1799) Susanna Wheelock (1807) and Amelia Stephens (1833).

Frances and Susanna's families have various information on the 'net, and as such I'm inclined to dismiss them as the correct George. That and the fact that they would probably been in their 50s or 60s when Elizabeth is born makes them extremely improbable. That leaves Amelia Stephens as the most likely candidate for my ggggrandmother. Trouble is, very little I can find (in fact zip) about this relationship.

There are other factors I have that narrow it down to Amelia as well, so I guess what I'm looking for is anyone who can provide me with pointers for George and Amelia's relationship or children.

Thanks!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Tackaberry - Kilmuckridge
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 January 11 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on George Tackaberry possibly from Kilmuckridge, but definitely from Wexford.
The only George Tackaberry's I can find reference for getting married in Wexford are married to Frances Marks (1799) Susanna Wheelock (1807) and Amelia Stephens (1833).

Where have you already searched for marriages ?

If your Tackaberry family were RC then the place to try would be the National Library in Dublin. The RC parish which covers Kilmuckridge is Litter, and details go back to about 1798, and are on film Pos. 4255.

Church of Ireland records for Kilmuckridge only seem to go back to about 1870.

Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline cccarson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 January 11 18:47 GMT (UK) »
The three George Tackaberry marriages came from the index to Ossory, Ferns and Leighlin which as I understand it covers Wexford, which is where my ancestors emmigrated from.

As everyone knows, researching Ireland prior to the mid 1800's is extremely challenging and I've used practically every source out there, wether it be government, church or tidbits someone has dropped in various other threads or forums.

William Whitmore and Elizabeth Tackaberry's marriage record came from the FHL films and I've not seen the original documents, just based on what has been transcribed by the LDS sites and personal family records relating to children's births (all were born in Gorey), immigration records (William and Elizabeth emigrated to Canada in 1875 from Co Wexford), death records from Ontario and children's marriage records etc.

I'm confident that what I have is all correct, but its that leap back to George and whomever his wife was that is has been my brickwall for quite a while. I beleive that Elizabeth had a brother William who also emigrated to Canada and who lived very close to her family in Ontario and who was buried in the same family area of the cemetery. He gives his parentage as George and Emma Tackaberry, which lead to my assumption of the George and Amelia Stephens line.

It's all very difficult to ascertain for certain as I do not have a positive birth record or entry of Elizabeth, only her marriage and children's births.

Thus the posting here to see if perhaps someone else has these entries in their information that perhaps they could not track down either.

And the family was not RC, but CofE and later Methodist, so most definately Protestant at least from the time they landed in Canada...

Offline moguemosey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 January 11 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello

You can order the marriage cert from the GRO, in County Roscommon for €4. The extra details on the cert that you do not have already will be their addresses.

The details you need to send are: marriage for William Whitmore and Elizabeth Tacaberry, Enniscorthy Registration District, 1864, Volume 19 Page 343.

I think the following one of the marriages you mentioned above.

Married, by Licence, in the Church of Ireland in Ballycanew, Gorey County Wexford on

May 2nd 1799
George Tacakaberry of the Parish of Monamolin, to Frances Marks, Widow, of the Parish of Gorey.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Mogue
All in County Wexford
Breslin/Breslawn: Monaseed
Burke: Monamolin.
Byrne: Ballycanew.
Cullimore: Killurin.
Dempsey: North Co.Wexford
Doyle: Horetown.
Doyle: Killurin.
Doyle: Newbawn.
Fardy: Killurin.
Kinsella: Ballycanew.
Kinsella: Killenagh.
Kinsella: Monamolin.
Larkin: Killurin.
Lumsden: All Wexford
Moran: Adamstown.
Moran: Killurin.
Mythen: Oulart.
Ryan: Killurin.
Swords: Monamolin.
Tee/Tighe: Coolafancy, Co. Wicklow.
Tighe/Tee Monaseed.
Wafer: Ballygarrett/Monamolin

Offline cccarson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 January 11 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks moguemosey, I thought that the fees for certs would be more than that. The GRO in GB charges 9 pounds now which is nearly 3 times as much as Ireland when converted to Canadian.

I did have those details, but haven't found much for the George and Amelia Stephens marriage nor for Elizabeth's birth, but hopefully someone like yourself will have that bit of info that I've not located yet!

Thanks again!

Offline wally mcmahon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 September 13 02:25 BST (UK) »
kilmuckridge suggests descent down from Edward.Are there any Edwards,Nathanials or Thomas in Elizabeth Whitmore's family?

Wally