Author Topic: Great Grandfather married in Cavan 1882  (Read 2139 times)

Offline maduganme

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Great Grandfather married in Cavan 1882
« on: Wednesday 19 January 11 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me with information on my Great Grandfather John McCall? He was married to Ellen/Helen Maguire/McGuire on the 15 Oct 1882 in Belturbet Co. Cavan?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandfather married in Cavan 1882
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 January 11 02:21 GMT (UK) »
The marriage is shown on the LDS pilot site as registered in Cavan Oct - Dec quarter 1882 Volume 3, page 59. If you need any advice on how to get a copy of the certificate look under Ordering certs in Ireland Resources on this forum.

Irish marriage cert should give you the couples residence at time of marriage, occupations, fathers names and occupations, all of which may help you trace back and forward. Were the couple still in Ireland by 1901? If so you may be able to pick them up on the census. www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/?then
Elwyn

Offline maduganme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Great Grandfather married in Cavan 1882
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 January 11 02:34 GMT (UK) »
The marriage is shown on the LDS pilot site as registered in Cavan Oct - Dec quarter 1882 Volume 3, page 59. If you need any advice on how to get a copy of the certificate look under Ordering certs in Ireland Resources on this forum.

Irish marriage cert should give you the couples residence at time of marriage, occupations, fathers names and occupations, all of which may help you trace back and forward. Were the couple still in Ireland by 1901? If so you may be able to pick them up on the census. www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/?then

Thank you so much for this information, I do know that they were in Scotland by the time the 1901 census was taken. I got their marriage date from their sons birth cert. Your help is much appreciated.