Author Topic: Galbally  (Read 4780 times)

Offline lynzg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Galbally
« on: Thursday 20 January 11 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am tracing my family tree and have managed to find records of my great great grandparents in the 1901 census, but cannot find anymore information. I have looked on several websites but to no avail. Can anyone advise me or know any further information?

I am trying to trace his parents, his name was Michael Galbally born in approx 1862, he married johanna galbally.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Galbally
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 January 11 18:14 GMT (UK) »
for reference here a link to the census return :

Galbally household, Oak Park - 1901

and the family on the 1911 census :

Galbally household, Oak Park - 1911

The 1911 census indicates that the couple are both from Co. Kildare as are married 13 years, so about 1898. I dont see any good matches on the BMD Index for a marriage of for a Michael Galbally, but there is a good match for the birth youngest son James :

Name: James Galbally
 Registration district: Carlow
 Event type: Birth
 Quarter and year: Oct - Dec 1909
 Volume : 3 / Page :302

A birth cert would give you Johanna's maiden name which would help the search for the marriage, and give you names of their fathers and other details which would help you search further.

Michael's birth is before the start of civil registration you would need to search for parish records for his baptism.

Shane

Note - 1911 census link fixed (was connecting to the 1901 page by mistake)
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Galbally
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 December 11 19:09 GMT (UK) »
There is a Michael Galbally on IFHF born 1862 Kildare - Father Edward Galbally !

Michael's called his first son Edward (possibly after his father)

Edward Galbally Sr also had a son called George and this looks like him in 1901 !

www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Kildare/Dunmanogue/Castleroe__East_/1434141/

He also had a son called Edward Galbally in 1912

Tara