Author Topic: murphy search  (Read 4744 times)

Offline senseimargaret

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
murphy search
« on: Wednesday 26 January 11 12:13 GMT (UK) »
i would like to search for my  family named murphy  married to sweeny  that came from the vivey rd  area in bray what are the local roman catholic parises i can check and are any of them online ,

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: murphy search
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Some records (baptisms only at the moment) for the RC parish of Bray are available on the pay-website of the Irish Family History Foundation at - http://www.rootsireland.ie/

You dont mention where you are located, but the records for the parish are available in the National Library in Dublin on microfilm.

I think the address would be Vevay Road..

for some details on Irish records see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any approximate dates for your Murphy and Sweeny family marriage or births ?

If after the start of full civil registration (1864) it would be easier to start with the Civil records (i.e. birth & marriage certs), or if even more recent maybe they would be listed on the 1901 or 1911 census ..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline senseimargaret

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 15:04 GMT (UK) »
thats great thanks will try roots ireland and see how i get on,regards Margaret :D