Author Topic: Dearmond/dyarmon of Fersalmore, Leck, in Donegal  (Read 2190 times)

Offline dkgold

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dearmond/dyarmon of Fersalmore, Leck, in Donegal
« on: Sunday 30 January 11 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am tracing my ancestry back to the village of Ferismore in parish Leck for the family name of DeArmond [ which is one form of how it was spelled once our Irish ancestors came to the US]  That is how my maiden name is spelled.

My grandfather X 5 was Michael Dearmond who left Ireland about 1775 to fight in the Amer. revolution and he settled after in Pennsylvania.  He was born in 1748 in Ire.

I would like to verify his parents names, whether they were Jean [John] Armand & Catherine-- or if something different.  I would love to know if there were siblings.  Also if there were other Dearmond families in the area.

Also a great desire would be to locate a cottage or graves, and have photos, and of the village too.   I don't anticipate a visit to Ireland in order to do that!  I wish.

If anyone can help direct me to sources, or do lookups for me &  surprise me with offering to photograph if anything is found, I would be most grateful.

Diane
Mendocino, CA
Locations- Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire   ENGLAND
Surnames- Skarratts, Wilkinson, Riddell, Hughes, Foran

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dearmond/dyarmon of Fersalmore, Leck, in Donegal
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 January 11 22:34 GMT (UK) »
To find Irish ancestors for such an early period you need to see if church records exist.
Have a look at Introduction to Irish Records and My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline derrylass

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 January 11 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Alex Diermond and John Diermond Fersalmore listed in Protestant Householders 1766

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~donegal/leckproj.htm

Offline dkgold

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 January 11 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Just came home from an excellent movie " the Kings Speech" to find your reply to my post.  Thank you so much..pulled up the page there was a terrific picture to start.  I appreciate your response...thank you!
Diane
Locations- Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire   ENGLAND
Surnames- Skarratts, Wilkinson, Riddell, Hughes, Foran