Author Topic: Mary Marshall of Warehorne  (Read 1253 times)

Offline lisingreece

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Mary Marshall of Warehorne
« on: Thursday 03 February 11 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Please can I run this past you wiser souls.

I have a Mary Marshall who has an illegit child Jane in Aug 1806 Warehorne

In Oct 1806 a Mary Marshall m William Wood Warehorne.

There are born in Warehorne 2 Mary Marshalls in the 1770 and 80's to the Stephen and Susannah family and both die.

In 1786 Stephen Marshall dies.

Is it right to suppose that another Mary was born around this time and not christened?

I cannot find this family in the census although in the 51 there is a William Wood m to a Mary from Folkestone. Wm Wood is from Ham Street next to Warehorne. both born 1786.

Do hope this is clear

Lis
Bailey, Stickells,  Marshall,  Hope, Morris, Wratten, Hope,  Knowler, Lonkhurst,  Gower,  Ratcliffe, Newport,  Boulden,  Stokes,  Beverley, Law, Lushington,  Parham,  Thorpe,  Piddleden,  Swaffer, Wide, Wood,  Austen, Eastes,  Hulke,  Banes, Hadley, Denne, Mullet, Dove, Mackney,all in Kent

Offline Jeuel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Marshall of Warehorne
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 February 11 19:37 GMT (UK) »
I'm not clear what information you are trying to discover but I would assume at that time that nearly all babies were christened.

Where do Stephen and Susanna fit into it?
Chowns in Buckinghamshire
Broad, Eplett & Pope in St Ervan/St Columb Major, Cornwall
Browning & Moore in Cambridge, St Andrew the Less
Emms, Mealing & Purvey in Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Barnes, Dunt, Gray, Massingham in Norfolk
Higho in London
Matthews & Nash in Whichford, Warwickshire
Smoothy, Willsher in Coggeshall & Chelmsford, Essex

Offline lisingreece

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 February 11 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Stephen and Susanna Marshall are the parents of  2 dead Mary Marshalls.

I want to know if others have experienced children being born and not christened for whatever reason.  This is the only explanation I can come up with.

Thanks for your time
Lis
Bailey, Stickells,  Marshall,  Hope, Morris, Wratten, Hope,  Knowler, Lonkhurst,  Gower,  Ratcliffe, Newport,  Boulden,  Stokes,  Beverley, Law, Lushington,  Parham,  Thorpe,  Piddleden,  Swaffer, Wide, Wood,  Austen, Eastes,  Hulke,  Banes, Hadley, Denne, Mullet, Dove, Mackney,all in Kent

Offline lisingreece

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 February 20 10:57 GMT (UK) »
my question was posted a long time ago and I am still struggling with this. As far as I can see the other option would be another Mary Marshall from another family gave birth to a Jane Marshall and then 2 months after married William Wood in 1806. This in Warehorne.
I'd be happy to hear from anyone with this family.
Thank you
Lis