Author Topic: CEMETERIES,Hawick Rox.  (Read 53040 times)

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CEMETERIES,Hawick Rox.
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hello again, Ann! Not to be greedy, but perhaps I will be lucky and find a collateral line who are surely buried in Hawick, also.  James Taylor born 1822 married Elizabeth Best who was born 1820 in Bedrule; they had 5 children, all born in Hawick.  Can I be cheeky and ask if there could possibly be an MI for this couple? Sorry I have few details on them.  Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:37 BST (UK) »
No problem….Now I did go through the 3 M.I.books I have for Hawick and nothing….but I did a wee bit of research and came up with a few ideas.James Taylor born c 1822 must have died between 1855 and 1861,because….he is on the 1851 census with wife Elizabeth and 3 children,Margaret,John,& Catherine. Now on to the 1861 census he is not there,but,Elizabeth is married to William Brown age 53 and Elizabeth is listed as 38..and there are 5 children listed with the name Taylor,Margaret,John,Catherine,Agnes & Elizabeth,All born in Hawick.
 AND….Annie L.Best age 21 ((listed as Niece) I suspect step niece))..born in England
Suggest you go to "Scots People" and look for James Taylor death between 1855 & 1861 in Roxburghshire….good luck
Feel free to ask any questions anytime….Cheers Ann
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Ann!  How very kind of you for the extra efforts and thank you for the suggestions!  I remain in your debt!    :)  Most sincerely, Pat
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:59 BST (UK) »
Be sure to go for that death cert. for James Taylor….as it will give you additional information that you might not have,…..age, death place,occupation,& possible parents names,plus his wifes name.
This gives you proof of the pudding……….Let me know how you make out on that. ..Ann
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 03 July 15 00:11 BST (UK) »
Could not resist the thrill of the hunt…
 James Taylor age 34 died April 3 1856 at Hawick…
Listed as married
He lived at # 7 Mid Row,He was a Grocer & Spirit Dealer.
His Father was John Taylor,Occ,Brewers Assistant
His mother was Catherine Fairbairn (Dec')
He died from Hydrothorax (more than 2 months)
Buried in the New Burial ground in Hawick.
Informant was..James Hay,his brother in law
   cheers Ann.

NOTE if you send me a private email..with your email address,I will scan this copy and send it to you.

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 03 July 15 00:49 BST (UK) »
PM sent!   :)