Author Topic: John Crump Margate  (Read 3189 times)

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Crump Margate
« on: Tuesday 08 February 11 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Please can someone help me find and unravel this problem ...

John Crump bapt 11 May 1835 Margate – son of Richard Crump & Harriet Spain - brother of Susanna Crump

1841 – Margate St John -  with his parents, Richard & Harriet Crump
1851 -  1861   – cant find him
1871 – Margate with his wife Mary Ann who was born in Newbury, Berks abt 1835 – Labourer
1881 – Vessels Wales “Carmenta” Cardiff – Marriner born in Margate abt 1834 (I think this is him)

With regard to Mary Ann, I don’t know her maiden name and haven’t found a marriage yet so any help on this would be great.

I have Mary Ann in the 1881 census in Whitstable shown as wife of Marriner; 1891 Margate, widow (meaning John Crump died somewhere between 1881-1891 but I haven’t found his death either).

A problem I have found is that there was also another John Crump bapt 14 March 1830 St Peters, Thanet (he married a Sarah from Hants) and I thought he was the same person as my John Crump (Margate) until I did another broader search on the IGI and found this one born in St Peters.

So I am looking for John Crump in 1851 and 1861, his marriage to Mary Ann and his death which could, of course, been at sea (and I don’t know how to deal with deaths at sea).

I believe I have Mary Ann Crump’s death in Thanet from freebmd  April 1895.

Lastly I hope I haven’t tied you up in knots but I have just had surgery and am not at my best at the moment so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation ...

Online Harlow One-Name Study

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Crump Margate
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 12:58 GMT (UK) »
westwood1

FreeBMD Marriage: John Crump / Q4 1868 Thanet Kent 2a 1346 / Spouse: Mary Ann Heath

Robin
Worldwide One-Name Study (ONS) of the Harlow surname and the surname variants Harlowe, Harlo & Harloe + maybe Arlow

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Crump Margate
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for that; I had found that one already and wondered about it.

Thanks in anticipation ...