Author Topic: Edwin ROBINSON  (Read 1142 times)

Offline teresa1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edwin ROBINSON
« on: Wednesday 16 February 11 13:41 GMT (UK) »
edwin ROBINSON birth 1824   date of trial  29 July 1841  Location Suffolk England  Transportation to Hobart  looking for his birth or any other record of him or his family  he is my roots in Suffolk  I am 71 years old and trying to complete my family history for my children any advise or help would most wellcome  :'(

Kind regards Teresa1

Offline brynsmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin ROBINSON
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 15:13 GMT (UK) »

Hi

You might already know all this but I did find your ancestors conviction. It was for larceny before being convicted of a felony. His trial was at Suffolk Assizes on  29/7/1841. His sentence was transportation for ten years and he left UK on the Elphinstone on 6/4/1842.

When I get a moment I'll see if I can find any other details.

June

Offline brynsmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin ROBINSON
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 18:34 GMT (UK) »

Hello again

I found another record for Edwin..   On 26/10/1840 he received 2 months imprisonment at Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk Boro' Sessions court for the offence of Larceny. At that time he was alleged to be 15.

I've checked several commercial sites and several free sites to see if I can locate a birth/baptism record, but no success so far.

Do you know of any siblings/parents names? That might make it  easier to locate an area to search parish records. There are quite a few Robinsons baptised in Suffolk at that time.

Sorry I can't help more at this time.
June