Author Topic: Anthony Family Research  (Read 16498 times)

Offline Bodach

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Family Research
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 24 February 13 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Inss03

Sorry I can't help you. I haven't managed to find out anything past William Anthony and Agnes Samuel yet and still haven't come across a Michael Anthony, but I'm still looking.

Bod
WILSON - Glasgow + New Monklands + Renfrew. INNES - Govan + Grangemouth + Aberdeen. McBRIAR - Holytown + Belfast. ANTHONY - Linlithgow + Edinburgh. NEILSON - Govan + Bulaweyo. HOWAT - Banff. WALLACE - Argyll. FERGUSON - Glasgow. SINCLAIR - Dunoon. STEVENSON - Edinburgh. SCHUBACK - Germany. LYON - Argyll + Aberdeen. RAE - Aberdeen. MORRISON - Banff? GRANT - Banff. MUNROE - Banff. CRAWFORD - Argyll.

Offline inss03

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 25 February 13 00:09 GMT (UK) »
IainW81 seemed to suggest that the Michael Anthony  b1726 who married Janet Kelly  was the father of William Anthony b1760 who married Agnes Samuel and also the father of Michael Anthony b 1764 who married Christian Jean Young.

This would make William and Michael brothers - but i was wondering if anyone had any proof of this?

The name Michael does not appear anywhere down Williams line.

Thanks
Anthony
Rennie
Thomson
Taylor

Offline Bodach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 25 February 13 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Just found these marriages and children of Michael Anthony...   might be of use to someone

Michael Anthony  m   Janet Kelly   29 Mar 1755  Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland.
children....
Margaret   21 May 1758
Martha
William     16 Aug 1761
James       20 April 1777    Bathgate
Sarah       19 April 1767     Bathgate
Agnes       30 Sept  1769    Bathgate
Robert      6 April 1760       Bathgate

Michael Anthony  m  Jannet Pender
children
Jannet       19 June Slamannan, Stirling

Michael Anthony  m Grizzel Bankier
children
Janet        26 September 1799   Blantyre  Lanarkshire

Michael Anthony  m  Christian Young
children
Michael      20 July  1800    Bathgate
Margaret    15 Mar  1758    Bathgate

Michael Anthony  m  Jean Young    1785     Bathgate  West Lothian

I did notice there's only one William mentioned, could this be MY William who married Agnes Samuel in 1780 and if so how do I link them together... 

WILSON - Glasgow + New Monklands + Renfrew. INNES - Govan + Grangemouth + Aberdeen. McBRIAR - Holytown + Belfast. ANTHONY - Linlithgow + Edinburgh. NEILSON - Govan + Bulaweyo. HOWAT - Banff. WALLACE - Argyll. FERGUSON - Glasgow. SINCLAIR - Dunoon. STEVENSON - Edinburgh. SCHUBACK - Germany. LYON - Argyll + Aberdeen. RAE - Aberdeen. MORRISON - Banff? GRANT - Banff. MUNROE - Banff. CRAWFORD - Argyll.

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 25 February 13 16:21 GMT (UK) »
From a copy of a certificate included on an online tree:

William Anthony b 6/8/1761. Parents were Michael Anthony and Janet Kelly. Baptised Bathgate 16/8/1761.

Also just found a copy of a marriage certificate on the parish registers on another tree. Wm Anthony married Agnes Samuel in Livingston on 9/9/1780. (OPR Marriages 669/00 0020 0147 LIVINGSTON)

As this was taken from somebody else's tree, I'm not 100% on it being the right William in both cases, but thought I'd put it out there incase.
Mitchell and Perry in N.Ireland and Scotland. McLaren and Hamilton in Scotland. Craig and Major in N.Ireland and Scotland. McIntosh and Paton in Fife.

Offline Bodach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 25 February 13 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Thats what I put in the above post along with other Michael Anthony marriages and children.

I have a copy of the Marr cert from 9/9/1780 Livingston but so far haven't been able to confirm a d.o.b. for my William Anthony or Agnes Samuel or either of their parents names. 

Offline snuffles101

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 15 April 13 04:30 BST (UK) »
can someone please help,I have my 6th great grandfather and 6th great grandmother as william anthony and agnes samuel,next information seems to lead to a michael and janet but i'm confused as to the micheal as it hasn't once run through my line of anthony's,they have either been william or john leading down through the line to this day with my brother being the last john and me calling my son jack...anyhelp would be grateful,thankyou
If my tree is right there is a link with Michael and William,brothers.Now the question is do any of you have details on Michael b 1726,I can only find records for ones b around 1732

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 15 April 13 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Snuffles101,

Welcome to Rootschat, looks like you have found the topic with the correct people who have reseached your line already. We have a Personal Message system (PM) which allows to communicate with others but only kicks in when you have made 3 posts.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php some tips here

Tom

Replying to this link illbe post number 2.
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Bodach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 19 April 13 00:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Snuffles 101

Can I ask what information you have taking you from William Anthony and Agnes Samuel to the Michael and Janet. I too have details taking me back to William and Agnes but other than their marriage in 1780 I can't find any other details on them, i.e. birth or death dates.  I did find a marriage between a Michael Anthony and Janet Kelly and one of their children was called William but up till now I cant find any proof that it is the same William Anthony that I am looking for.

Michael Anthony  m   Janet Kelly   29 Mar 1755  Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland.
children....
Margaret   21 May 1758
Martha
William     16 Aug 1761
James       20 April 1777    Bathgate
Sarah       19 April 1767     Bathgate
Agnes       30 Sept  1769    Bathgate
Robert      6 April 1760       Bathgate

Cheers
Bodach

Offline snuffles101

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 20 April 13 10:56 BST (UK) »
hi Bodach,I have got a birth and baptism record for William that says his parents were Michael and Janet and if correct a death record that says he died 7/2/1837. As for Agnes,nothing except the marriage certificate either,though some of their children list them as the parents.Their son David's death certificate only states the Agnes died before 1863.Sorry I wasnt any more help as I'm not sure I have it right
cheers
Snuffles101