Author Topic: Gillanders/McGillanders/McGillandrews  (Read 5833 times)

Offline Wendy Mc

• RootsChat Member
  • 'Serendipity'
    • View Profile
Gillanders/McGillanders/McGillandrews
« on: Wednesday 20 April 05 05:19 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching these names?

cheers,

Wendy

Offline dazzer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Gillanders/McGillanders/McGillandrews
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 May 05 15:41 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching these names?

cheers,

Wendy

hi wendy my name is darren gillanders. just startin to research my family tree as of today :)
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]i am from ireland most of the Gillanders from ireland live in Co.Monaghan

Offline Wendy Mc

• RootsChat Member
  • 'Serendipity'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 May 05 03:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Darren,

Nice to hear from you and welcome to 'Rootschat.'

I have George Findlay marrying Ann Gillanders (my g.g.g g'parents) in Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland, although on their marr. cert. from the Parish register it has her as McGillandrews. She also appears as McGillanders so it's all very confusing.

My g.g.g'parents named their son Gillanders Findlay and my Uncle is Gillander Price so I am interested to get as much info as possible.

Where abouts in Ireland are you? My g.g'father Gillanders Findlay married Jane McGeorge who was born Killybegs, Donegal.

I live in Melbourne, Australia.

cheers for now,

Wendy :)

Offline dazzer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 May 05 18:02 BST (UK) »
my father is trevor gillanders son of jack and jean gillanders from fedoo co.monaghan. i have only started researchin my family tree so dont know a huge deal at the moment. both my grand parents are dead now but one of my grand fathers brothers is still alive. i think that the name originated from a scandanavian country, as far as i know gillanders came into ireland via scotland because the gillanders clan have their own tartan. need to find out more will keep you informed. great to chat keep in touch.
[/size]

Offline DavyG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 July 05 02:09 BST (UK) »

Hello Darren and Wendy,

Like you, Darren, I am just beginning to research my family history, although I've been meaning to do it for quite a few years. Also like you, my surname is Gillanders and I come from the Emerald Isle, although not from Co.Monaghan. I'm further up north in Belfast.  ;D

My late Father was Samuel George Gillanders, married to Mary. They had four kids, George, Margaret, Sadie and myself David. My grandparents were James and Margaret Gillanders. there is an old photo of them in a family page I did and can be found, if you care to have a look, at the following URL:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.gillanders/circus.html
Also in this page are photos of my parents, but feel free to explore the entire site from the links at the top of the page. The site will possibly tell you more about me and my family than I could tell in this short post.

I am really interested in any information anyone might have pertaining to the Gillanders family and if it's preferred to write privately, then here is my e-mail address: *

Regards,
D Gillanders.

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ThomasG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 03:54 BST (UK) »
Research   William Frederick Gillander and wife M A re Jane Baxter. WILL I AM AND FAMILY 3 GIRLS 2 BOYS LIVED AT Lisnaskea Workhouse