Author Topic: Edwinstowe PR - Mar & Bur lookup  (Read 12611 times)

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: Edwinstowe PR - Mar & Bur lookup
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 February 15 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Well, I've had that little dip in!  Below a sample of one of the transcribed pages. It's amazing how much info in this little clipping re the Vicar's wife.  Not my family, but just found browsing through the first couple of pages!

30 Nov. Thomas Marrett & Mary Foster. Eakring. 4 Dec. Anthony Smith & Mary Stothers. Clipston. Buried 1648. 5 Apr. Anne Sharpe. Budby. 19 Apr. Elizabeth Emley Mother of a Family. Edwinstow. 1 May Lane paterfamiliarias. Edwinstow. Ellinor Riggs the wife of M r George Riggs Late Vicar of Edwinstow departed this Life on fryday in the Morninge about 8 of the clock Chayre by the fyre & was buryed on satturday Following at 4 of the Clocke in the afternoone being the 6 lh day of May .... was well & att Tho. Lane funerall sermon on the .... day before being Mayday 1648 at y« Church. Edwinstow. 7 May Kitchen. Edwinstow. 20 May. Nicholas Hancocke paterfamilia'. Clipston. 22 July. John Stanbancke senior paterfamili'. Edwinstow. 24 Sep. jfohii (?) Snowden jun. Edwinstow. 17 Dec. Katharne Parker Materfamiliaria de South Lathes in p'ochia de Rufford. 18 Dec. William Ouldham filia' de Myles Ouldham. Edwin-

Cheers
Jeanne  :)
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 February 15 11:53 GMT (UK) »
"I do have a paper record from OPR St. Peters, Mansfield, 18 October, 1818, Page 161. No. 1284. Not sure whether it's a birth or baptism, but it states: Catherine. "
Baptism
Mansfield St Peter & St Paul
18-10-1818 Catherine dau of George & Rachel Paulson father a grocer abode Lister Lane
and a couple of others that may be of interest
4-4-1810 Martha parents George & RACHAEL Burial 1-7-1810 (notes-dau of George and Rachel)
11-9-1811 Mary Parents GEO & RACHAEL
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 21 February 15 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Thank You Larkspur.  That extra bit of info is very much appreciated.  Catherine Paulson married Charles Dunnell and they are my 3x great grandparents. Are you also researching the Paulsens, or are you being a very helpful person!  Either way, thank you again!  And more than happy to share my PAULSON info if you are interested! 

Jeanne.  :)
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 21 February 15 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Sorry , no I am not searching for Paulsons.

There is a marriage on Family search
Achworth York
George Paulson and Rachel Sykes 3-2-1806
With George and Rachels birth years both being 1785.

There is a burial at Eakring 18-3-1889
George BUTWICK Paulson aged 70. Unusual middle name- you mention it in an earlier post, but attached to the George who married Rachel.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 01 May 15 13:06 BST (UK) »
So sorry Larkspur, I don't think I responded to your last post. I must have missed it somewhere along the line.  Thank you for the extra info, and particularly the burial.  Much appreciated!

Cheers
Jeanne

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 02 May 15 18:57 BST (UK) »
 ;)