Author Topic: Hong Kong records>>>>>completed with thanks<<<<  (Read 2160 times)

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hong Kong records>>>>>completed with thanks<<<<
« on: Saturday 12 March 11 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello list,
How does one obtain BMD records from Hong Kong? Tracing James Baggaridge who was an industrial chemist working for a British firm He was married 1895 Bengal and was in Hong Kong 16 Jan 1903 when his son was born, looks like he may have deceased shortly after, his wife re married an Albert Edward Balding possibly Hong Kong or Singapore, they were then found  in records in West Australia 1916.
Look forward to any help for research in these areas.
Suzy

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: Hong Kong records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 March 11 09:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suzy

Find my past has the British overseas bmd's.  You can buy credits if you don't want to take out a subscription.

Having said that, though, I have searched in vain for the marriage of my ggrandparents which took place in Hong Kong in 1880 and the baptism of their son, my grandfather, in 1881.  I suspect the records are incomplete, sadly.

Good luck!

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 March 11 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Marie,
I should have mentioned I have already done that search, as I know the actual birth date guess I could apply direct from the registration office for a certificate.
I wonder what I could expect to find on the certificate?
Thanks Suzy

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 March 11 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for moving to correct board!

I do have one problem.....Where is the posting board for Other Countries?  I do not seem to have it in my choices.
Suzy

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 March 11 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Suzy

Not sure why you can't see it!

If you look on the main page (the index page), down below the countries of Britain and Independent Islands, you will see Research in Other Countries.  There are boards for a whole lot of countries, including Australia, and at the bottom there is a board called Other Countries.  I'm sure you should see it.

Yes, it does help if you say where you have already searched when posting a query!  ::)

I'd be interested to know if you manage to get a birth certificate without finding the person on an index.  I'd like to get my grandfather's birth cert but he does not appear on the index.  Let us know if you succeed.

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 March 11 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi MarieC
I have found a way in by the enter a rootschat button...... I know actual birthdate for the birth as I have spoken to his elderly daughter, have all details set to go and will order on line, They do searches as well, the cost is about $18 Au so not so bad although depends on what you actually get!
You say he does not appear on the index...is this overseas index at gro?
You could email them and ask how to go about it.
Will keep you informed of my progress.
Suzy