Author Topic: Goss family and more.. from Swansea glam; wales uk  (Read 5450 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Goss family and more.. from Swansea glam; wales uk
« on: Sunday 13 March 11 08:11 GMT (UK) »
G'day all, here are some names of which,that I may find connections with one day! The Goss family from 1838 onward ..most of all their family lived [on] or around Kilvey Hill, Swansea, near ST THOMAS Wales.Some married into the LEY family, some into the Heddon family. Please if anyone has any of these surnames...reply here? I have many topics on many boards here... but now I have a great deal more infore; these names and I need to find relies. Thanking you kindly Diane.

Offline kellygoss

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Goss family and more.. from Swansea glam; wales uk
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 August 11 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,

My name is Kelly Goss from Swansea, South Wales - UK

My grandfather named Philip George Goss grew up and lived in Kilvey Hill in Swansea as a young man.

I was browsing for some family history and came across your message and would be very interested to chat further with you.

My grandfather was engaged to be married and about to move to Australia but sadly my great grandfather died 6 weeks after arriving in Australia.

My email address is (*)

I would love to know more about what you are looking for with the Goss family.

Many Thanks

Kelly

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 August 11 10:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly, thank you for your mail. Where can we speak about our family tree here please?/I am not sure how to PM you..best regards Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly, thank you for your mail. Where can we speak about our family tree here please?/I am not sure how to PM you..best regards Diane.
Hi again Kelly i hope you call back on here soon...cannot sem to PM you as yet, as it is not going through...i would like to speak about the GOSS'es family in Swansea i am a decendant from Catherine Mary Goss who once lived in Landore...i have many Goss names to share with you..we need to get through by e mail as well , luv Di.

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 23:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Kelly  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

You need to make 2 more Postings on here before you can send and receive Personal Messages (PMs) to Diane and other Rootschatters.

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline kellygoss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 02:02 BST (UK) »
hi,

I will make a few more postings and then message you my email address, unless I can leave it in this response?

my email is (*)

if this post gets deleted I will send you a message, sorry still not sure how to use this website!

many thanks

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 25 August 11 13:54 BST (UK) »
hi,

I will make a few more postings and then message you my email address, unless I can leave it in this response?

my email is (*)

if this post gets deleted I will send you a message, sorry still not sure how to use this website!

many thanks

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.

HIYA kELLY...Don't worry myself and many others get lost on many sites, i still do, and i have been on this site and many others too! I guess that the main thing is that..we are not supposed to leave our e mail adress on here [for our own security]   anyhow i have sent you 2 e mails through this helpfull site, but if they do not arrive..i will send another message to you on a ordinary e mail.. TU for the e mail adress. it is nearing the weekend here, and i have a lot to speak with you re; the fact that we may be relis...hava a lovely weekend and i will get back to you. best regards Diane. [originally from Swansea now in Australia]  hold on till i write toyou again, don't get disheartened while starting a new group/site..Diane.

Offline kellygoss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 August 11 14:30 BST (UK) »
no worries at all  :) speak soon have a great weekend

Offline Jan_A

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 30 September 20 04:57 BST (UK) »

Hello all, I sent messages to both of you about the Goss family.  My mother's family is/was Goss and my ggrandfather (whom I didn't know) told his students (he was a teacher) that his people were originally from Wales.  Would love to chat with you both.  My email address is included in the messages I sent you both.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Jan
Gedmatch kit: A167435

Mum's side: Goss, Stapleton, Dreese, Conner,  Bottenhorn/Bodenhorn, Buterbaugh

Dad's side: Muhl, Junge, Simpson, Keenan, Kirk, Griffin