Author Topic: Michael Barry  (Read 3912 times)

Offline busybea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Michael Barry
« on: Sunday 13 March 11 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Please can anyone help!

I am looking for any information on the family of Michael Barry of Carrickbeg he married a Ellen Power and they had a child Robert b1894.  Thank You

Offline spuddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Barry
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 July 22 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael:  Noticed your post and wondered where that area was in Ireland.  It isn't very far from the borders of Tipperary and Waterford.  My Barry ancestors came either from Tallow, Waterford, or Wexford.  Have you a GEDMATCH #?  If so, please send it to me by email to *and I will run it against my Gedmatch #.  My great-grandfather was John Thomas Barry born in 1820 to Thomas Barry and Bridgid Cosgrove.  His siblings were Elizabeth, who married a Noonan and they moved to Boston, USA.  Another sister was Mary (no more info on her) and three brothers, Richard, Francis and Nicholas.

Nicholas Barry bapt 29 Mar 1823 Wexford, Rathangan, Ireland
son of Thomas & Bridget Barry

I can't verify that these are my 2nd gt-grandparents but it fits the time period.  Anyway, if you would like to exchange Barry information, I would be very glad to  help you.  Thank you and take care.  I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada (PEI) and my Irish surnames are Barry, Collins, Cosgrove, Costin, Lane, Larkin, Mansfield, Murphy, Power, Quinn, Reilly, Sullivan and McCausland.  The majority of my Irish ancestors came from Waterford and Cork. Thank you,
Spuddy

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general guidance and practice to prevent others abusing or spamming it.  Please use ther personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Barry
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 July 22 22:47 BST (UK) »
....looking for any information on the family of Michael Barry of Carrickbeg he married a Ellen Power and they had a child Robert b1894.

Robert born 5 October 1894
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1894/02236/1842498.pdf

Carrickbeg townland
https://www.townlands.ie/waterford/upperthird/kilmoleran/carrickbeg-rural/carrickbeg/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo