Author Topic: Brench/Handicott/Dopson/Floyd/Palmer, Middlesex after 1920  (Read 1582 times)

Offline carolyn1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brench/Handicott/Dopson/Floyd/Palmer, Middlesex after 1920
« on: Wednesday 16 March 11 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm looking for any information on the above surnames especially Maud Emma Handicott born 1892 in Hillingdon, Maud married in 1911, Frederick Thomas Dopson born 1892 too. they divorced in 1920 as she was messing about with a man David Floyd, I think.
My connection (He's my grandfather) is Joseph Charles Henry STANDICOTT (HANDICOTT) born 6 December 1909 but reg in 1st qtr 1910 in Uxbridge district. I believe that Joseph is the illegitimate son of Maud. I'm trying to track and confirm the parents of Joseph. My family thought mother was called Maud... was an actress....resided/lived in London in the 1930s 40s, liked a drink (suspect alcoholic, 1930s/40s).The father we suspect was Thomas Brench (confessed to wife of Joseph when Tom was older) married to Susan Brench in 1906, Maud was her daughter... I know getting worse!
1911 Census showed Susan Brench (BRENK CENSUS SHOWS), S Brench (BRENK)(was Tom) in Nash Yard, Uxbridge with Maud (single still) with my (I think) grandfather Joseph Charles Henry STANDICOTT (CENSUS SHOWS HANDICOTE). Joseph married in 1928 and marriage certificate states him as JOSEPH CHARLES HENRY BRENCH. I've orderd Joseph birth certificate today.

Hopefully I'm making sense of this, I would like to know if anyone can give more info on Maud after 1920 as records show nothing of her including her death!

The connection to Palmers is that Joseph early life I believe was rough he had a strong affinity to the HANDICOTTS and also to the PALMERS as I think he was taken in with them definitely the Palmers my dad told me this. Was he living/taken in with the Dopsons/handicotts?

Many thanks