Author Topic: Llanbedr/Llanryhdd Ancestor Help  (Read 2793 times)

Offline kajay8

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbedr/Llanryhdd Ancestor Help
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 April 11 20:32 BST (UK) »
Llanfrwog is where Thomas' mother Jane was born. That sounds very likely to be them. I've been trawling Ancestry all day! I wonder why it isn't showing on there.

I'm a novice at this family tree building, but completely obsessed with putting it together.

I've just had a look on the site you found it on, and now found it. Have you any idea if there would be more details on the original certificate, such as Mary's parents and place of birth? I am wondering if I would be able to order the certificate from Ruthin Town Hall, or maybe I could e-mail and ask for the details on the certificate?

Thank you ever so much for your help.
Oldfield - Macclesfield and Widnes
Glover - Nantwich and Widnes
McLardie - Paisley
Haworth - Widnes
Colgan and Flood - Dublin
Davies - Llanbedr in Denbighshire

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 April 11 21:02 BST (UK) »
I wonder if the address of Upton Park is NOT in Liverpool but actually on the Wirral  or Cheshire.       
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline kajay8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 April 11 21:14 BST (UK) »
There is an Upton on the Wirrall, it could be. Mary's and Thomas' daughter left home and married at the age of 17 in Runcorn. I've no idea why or how she ended up there. I wondered if she went to stay with relatives there, but who knows!
McLardie - Paisley
Haworth - Widnes

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 April 11 08:30 BST (UK) »
The marriage cert would include both father's and their occupations,it would also show where both parties were living at the time of the marriage.

Unless you viewed the Llandwrog PR's at the local record offices which may include both father's names,you will have to buy the cert I'm afraid.The local registry office would not give any details shown otherwise.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kajay8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 12:54 BST (UK) »
Well, the mystery carrys on I suppose. The marriage certificate that I ordered is not the one for my ancestors. It had the wrong name of my grandfathers father. I am now thinking they may have married in Liverpool, as thomas davies b 1832 in Llanbedr is missing from the 1861 census. Their daughter was born 1863/4 and is listed on the 1871 census as being born in Llanrhydd, so between the 1851 census and the 1861 census Thomas Davies is missing. He was listed as a shoemaker in Ruthin aged 19 on the 1851 census, then appears again on the 1871 census married to Mary Jones born in Liverpool with the two children, and still listed as a shoemaker in Ruthin.

I am wondering where to start with Mary Jones, as I have no idea where in Liverpool she is from, apart from being listed from Upton, Liverpool.  I can't find a marriage certificate with Thomas Davies and Mary Jones with Thomas Davies' father named Hugh Davies born in Llanbedr. They may have been married in Mary's home town, but lived in Llanrhydd. Their son was named as Robert Owens Davies born 1868, on his birth certificate, is it unusual to have an S on the end of Owen? I am wondering if it was her fathers name? Oh, well I'll just have to keep trawling the lists.
McLardie - Paisley
Haworth - Widnes

Offline kajay8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 12:57 BST (UK) »
I wonder if the address of Upton Park is NOT in Liverpool but actually on the Wirral  or Cheshire.       

It could be. She is listed on all other census' as just liverpool as place of birth but on one of the later ones it says Upton, Liverpool. Also, her daughter left home and married at 17 to Alexander Glover in Runcorn. I don't know how she came to be there, after living in Llanrhydd up till then. Maybe her mothers relatives lived there.
McLardie - Paisley
Haworth - Widnes