Author Topic: Anyone Near Renfrewshire that can help me?  (Read 10606 times)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Near Renfrewshire that can help me?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 31 January 19 20:37 GMT (UK) »
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 31 January 19 20:39 GMT (UK) »
also Robert Cathcart (father?)

This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline Jeaniebeanie46

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 31 January 19 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried findagrave.com. I was able to look at all the cemetery records and some have pictures for the paisley cemeteries

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 31 January 19 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Was Charlotte English?

Name:   Charlotte Caldwel
Christening Date:   27 Aug 1780
Christening Date (Original):   27 AUG 1780
Christening Place:   SAINT GILES,READING,BERKSHIRE,ENGLAND
Father's Name:   John Caldwel
Mother's Name:   Ann

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 31 January 19 21:13 GMT (UK) »
She may have been because I have not found anything but a marriage record, no ages given no parents or where she was born. but marriage record in Scotland .  Thank you very much, where was that record found? I wish they had the mothers maiden name on that.  Maybe if they had other children besides Charlotte listed. 
Elliot, Mullen, Colquhoun, Smith, Moore, Coleman, Marshall, Hall, Dale, Galbraith, Cathcart, Gibson, Taylor, Lawson McGeachie, Caldwell

Scotland, West Lothian  Lanarkshire, Paisley, Glasgow,  Ireland,  Armagh, Donegal

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 31 January 19 22:20 GMT (UK) »
The other thing occurring to me is that discussion has been centred on Paisley and Paisley Abbey (the church).  Abbey (the parish) also covered Johnstone, Elderslie, Inkerman, Hurlet, Nitshill , Thorn, Quarrelton and all the area of Barrhead right up to where the Levern water runs. (i.e. Carlibar Road in Barrhead was in Abbey parish)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 31 January 19 22:42 GMT (UK) »
She may have been.  Thank you very much, where was that record found? 

Familysearch

deebel

Offline Montana272

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 01 February 19 00:36 GMT (UK) »
I searched all of scotlands people website for any  Charlotte in all areas, and only two come up, one is a relative named after Charlotte and the other is too old to be my Charlotte.  Thank you for your help. 
Elliot, Mullen, Colquhoun, Smith, Moore, Coleman, Marshall, Hall, Dale, Galbraith, Cathcart, Gibson, Taylor, Lawson McGeachie, Caldwell

Scotland, West Lothian  Lanarkshire, Paisley, Glasgow,  Ireland,  Armagh, Donegal