Author Topic: catherine mary (kate) williams/edwards  (Read 2523 times)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
catherine mary (kate) williams/edwards
« on: Wednesday 06 April 11 15:34 BST (UK) »
can anyone hep please.  my great grandmother, catherine mary williams married morris edwards in 1900. they lived in llanfor, bala and then gresford.

on the 1901 census i can find kate with her husband morris, kate says she was born in brymbo, meirionithshire.  i have tried to trace her further back and can find a catherine mary williams living in brymbo but this is showing as denbighshire in 1881.  on catherine and morris marriage cert it says her dad was john lloyd, so i presume she was illegitmate but on 1881 censu catherine seems to have a brother two years older than her and sisters younger.

also does anyone know if (proper) long row, brymbo still exists.

thanks

hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline nibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: catherine mary (kate) williams/edwards
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 20:20 BST (UK) »
hi brymbo is in wrexham not far from gresford i know long row was called rhes-pen-y-graig
hughes mills redfern thomas price peirce Evans /luke flintshire and turner rochdale turner/miller salt lake city Utah and miller wintersberg germany/stott rochdale /healey rochdale /dyson flint

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 20:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Nibbs

tx for reply, i will look at the address u gave me.  strangely enough i used to live in Ffrith, not far from Brymbo.  my mom was born in Llay, so was quite surprised to find that great grany came from B rymbo.  Possibly why her and my great grand dad moved from Bala to Gresford to be near her mom.

tx

partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline jmo12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 April 14 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

I was born in Brymbo and I can inform you that Long Row was completely flatenned long ago and was a car park for the Brymbo steelworks way back in the 1950s. I was born in 1941 and I it did not exist when I was growing up. Sorry!

Regards
John

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 April 14 13:13 BST (UK) »
hi everyone, it turns out thtat catherine williams, my great granny was born in bryncroes and not brymbo. 

thanks

molly