Author Topic: Manchester Cathedral look-up request, the second of 4 (or was it 5?) husbands  (Read 748 times)

Offline UKgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
One lucky lady has a different husband in 1871, 1881, 1891 and 1901!! Unfortunately, the one who should have been around in 1881 was absent (or already dead!) on the Census night, and so his age and occupation remain a mystery.

Since the husband's name is unique, perhaps an "alien" from overseas, I am curious about his occupation and his own father's name and occupation, but I am loathe to buy this long list of marriage certificates!! Husband No. 2 was only around for a couple of years, it would seem, and then vanished! (As they all did, in the end!!).

Anyway, if someone could be kind enough to satisfy my curiosity by checking the Parish Records for Manchester Cathedral marriages, and provide me with the full details, I would, of course, be delighted. (And since they say that "curiosity killed the cat", I may even live a little longer!)

Basic details:  Ernest LOTZE and Selina Broadbent, December 06, 1874, Manchester Cathedral

Thank you so much,

UKgirl
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline UKgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Dear All,

Just to add that I am still hoping that some kind soul will be able to spare a couple of minutes to check this Parish Record entry next time they visit Manchester Library.

There are no LDS Libraries/Centres in the country where I live.

If you have the chance to help me, it would be truly appreciated.

Thank you for reading this message,

UKgirl

Offline jennifer5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
I'm sure someone will get to your request soon, but just in case they don't I am going to be in Salt Lake City in July and as I have a number of M/c Cath. look ups to do I can easily add yours to my list. You would have to be patient though because I wont be back home until August sometime. Anyway, in the meantime someone may be in M/c. I'll keep a look out for replys.
Jen

Offline UKgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Cathedral look-up request, the second of 4 (or was it 5?) husbands
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 June 05 09:11 BST (UK) »
Dear Jen,

Your kind offer is truly appreciated, although I fear that you may have enough of your own things to check when you finally get there, and you may regret your own kindness if your list of things to look up grows too long!

But since July is now just around the corner and there have been no offers to check my request in Manchester, then I would like to take you up on your offer (if it still holds).

Thank you for thinking of incorporating others' requests into your trip, and I hope everything goes well for you there. Take care,

UKgirl

Offline UKgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Thank you to all of you who took the trouble to read my request, and a special "Thank you" to the people who provided me with the information.

I am happy to write "Look-up completed".

UKgirl