Author Topic: peter watson mcara  (Read 1464 times)

Offline mcmcara

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
peter watson mcara
« on: Wednesday 13 April 11 17:12 BST (UK) »
Has anybody got any idea of what became of Peter McAra born 11 May 1862 Kincardine Perth son of William McAra and Grace Clink Watson. He married Elizabeth Patterson 27 Dec 1887 and their daughter Cecilia was born 24 Jan 1888 The Castle Ceres Fife
In the 1991 Census Elizabeth and Cecilia are living with Elizabeths parents in Ceres and she is described as married. At the time of her death 1889 she is described as widow of .... McAra. Cecilia was taken in by her aunt Amelia Muir nee Patterson on her mothers death and raised by her at her home in Leuchars Fife.

Ive managed to trace all other 10 siblings just Peter seems to have vanished, any one out theer with new information I would be delighted to hear from you

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: peter watson mcara
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 April 11 17:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

Presume you have checked for his death on Scotlands People?

If not found - what was his occupation on his marriage cert?  Was he a sailor/mariner?

In the 1991 Census Elizabeth and Cecilia are living with Elizabeths parents in Ceres and she is described as married. At the time of her death 1889 she is described as widow of

Dates don't add up - Elizabeth is on the 1891 census but died 1889?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline mcmcara

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: peter watson mcara
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 April 11 20:51 BST (UK) »
Completely my fault  :-[
 That death date should have read 1899 of course. Peter was a gardener, I have been told by others researching this line that he is not on the Scotlands people site, I did wonder if he had come to Ireland like his brother Duncan but cant find anything about him there either. Family Search has come up blank as well