Author Topic: Eleanor Lea, bapt. Jan 1837, Chirk.  (Read 13881 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eleanor Lea, bapt. Jan 1837, Chirk.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 April 11 10:54 BST (UK) »
The problem with all this research is apart from those Lea families that moved away,of those that stayed within the Overton and Penley areas,and I've seen all the census entries shown here,I have the Baptisms of the family rock solid up to 1851.These are contained in the Penley Parish Registers,plus a few from neighbouring Parishes.

The John-Margaret/Anne(Guest) Lea "problem" is that there is a marriage within the Corwen Registration District in the Oct/Nov/Dec quarter of 1837 between a John Lea and an Anne Guest.Admittedly I have yet to find the death of Margaret Lea,it could possibly be in the first half of 1837.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 April 11 11:15 BST (UK) »
There is a possible marriage for a Margaret Lea and a Robert Williams at Wrexham St Giles in 1842.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 April 11 11:22 BST (UK) »
This Lea family isn't an easy one to research!I also have a proven instance of cousins within the family marrying!

Regards
william Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 April 11 12:01 BST (UK) »
I'll go back a generation,William Lea baptised at Worthenbury(27/11/1745) to parents Charles Lea and Anne Edwards,married an Anne Jones born in Flintshire c 1745.They had the following children baptised at Penley;
Charles(1769).
Anne(1772).
Lodwick(1772).
John(1776).
Job(1778)
Eleanor(1780)
Anne Jones died c 1780/1781.William re-married to a Martha Cadman born in Hanmer in 1749.William and Martha had known children;
Mary,born Dudleston Shropshire(1782)
Charles,born Hanmer(1790).

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 April 11 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hmmmmmmmmmm

My Lee/Leas came from Hanmer to the St Martins/Selattyn area in 1750s. They were yeoman farmers.

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 15 April 11 12:11 BST (UK) »
Yes,they are descended though from a Richard Lee.Richard isn't a name I've found used within my Lea family.

I was going to post the marriages of William Lea to an "Ann" Jones at Overton(07/11/1767) and to Martha Cadman at Hanmer(27/10/1781).

Regards
William Russell Jones
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 15 April 11 12:15 BST (UK) »
The Leas were all Miller/Farmers.Whilst appearing for definite in the Hanmer area from the middle of the 18th century,I believe they originate in the Whitchurch area pre 1700.

Regards
William Russell Jones
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 15 April 11 12:26 BST (UK) »
I did go to the Shropshire Record Office at Shrewsbury to view the early Whitchurch baptisms.They were pretty difficult to make much sense of though.The pre 1700 baptisms list only the father's names,it appears that women didn't make  a contribution.lol

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 15 April 11 15:46 BST (UK) »
Lea, John, Chirk, Denbigh, Miller 
  John Lea : will, 1840

http://hdl.handle.net/10107/810373

John has a wife Margaret, a brother William, Margaret has a brother Job.
Charles Lea is a wittness.

17  Lea wills on the site,  just search for the name and don`t enter anything else.

33 Lee wills, some in the right area. Worth checking these out.

http://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon?sessionid=2011041515462407502&skin=profeb&lng=en&inst=consortium&host=localhost%2b9901%2bDEFAULT&patronhost=localhost%209901%20DEFAULT&search=NOSRCH&function=START&sourcescreen=INITREQ&pos=1&rootsearch=KEYWORD&elementcount=1&u1=0
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)