Author Topic: lough ancestors Cavan/Monaghan areas  (Read 3302 times)

Offline nenny4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
lough ancestors Cavan/Monaghan areas
« on: Saturday 23 April 05 22:53 BST (UK) »
looking for any information on the Lough Families from Cavan believed to be cousins of the Lough's in the Clones area both sets of  Lough's involved in the setting up of the dairy Co-op on their side of their specific border found some info on the Lough's Cavan(Killeshandra website)
Marshall / Thaw / Gowan from Livingston and Kirknewton areas West Lothian  Scotland..... Lough Families Clones Ireland and Glasgow Scotland and U.S.A........ Mckenzie /Glencoe Scotland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: lough ancestors Cavan/Monaghan areas
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello nenny4,

This site http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=127325.msg565561#msg565561 mentions both your ancestor, Arthur Lough of Drumully House just outside Killeshandra and some detail about the nuns who moved into Drumully house when it became a convent. I am puzzled that Griffiths Valuation of Co. Cavan (conducted in 1856-7) http://www.failteromhat.com/cavan.htm only mentions John Lough of the townland of Lahard, Killeshandra. I would have expected more people with that surname in the Valuation.

Best Wishes, Christopher

Offline nenny4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Christopher     ..I have been on those sites  the only  thing i have is grt grandfather James Lough born Clones around 1854-56 Married settled in Glasgow Scotland to Irish Lass Jane Dempsey from Westmeath returned home to ireland for a visit took ill passed away somewhere around 1914-1920 but I thank you for you help its appreciated..... cheers nenny
Marshall / Thaw / Gowan from Livingston and Kirknewton areas West Lothian  Scotland..... Lough Families Clones Ireland and Glasgow Scotland and U.S.A........ Mckenzie /Glencoe Scotland

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hei Helen,

It might be worth while sending a message to Cavan Library. Librarians are usually excellent searchers so I would expect you might get some information from this quarter. http://www.library.ie/public/cavan.shtml

Chris

Offline nenny4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 23:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again Christopher i have sent emails to both Clones and Cavan ...cheers