Author Topic: JAMES WATTIS born c 1826 Acton Beauchamp  (Read 2803 times)

Offline avrilw

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JAMES WATTIS born c 1826 Acton Beauchamp
« on: Tuesday 19 April 11 15:08 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for the marriage of JAMES WATTIS & JANE OWEN around 1820-1830

They had a child MARY bapt in LLANDILOES 17 JAN 1823. Later children were baptised in ACTON BEAUCHAMP in Hereford/Worcester 1829-1835.

Another JAMES WATTIS claims to have been born to a father JAMES in Acton Beauchamp in 1826 but no baptism there. 

I think this is all the same family and that JAMES Jnr was born in betweentimes. But when and where?

I'd be grateful for any help or ideas

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
Re: JAMES WATTIS born c 1826 Acton Beauchamp
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 July 11 14:26 BST (UK) »
Many people in Montgomeryshire were non-conformists from quite early times, which is a pain as the records are not easily available or available at all. Some Mont. non-conformist baptisms are at:

http://www.bmdregisters.co.uk/

Most parish records for Mont. are at FindMyPast. There are a few in that area that aren't though: Llanbrynmair, Mochdre & Kerry.

Offline avrilw

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 August 11 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hi

thank you for this. Do you know the LLangurig area fairly well?  When I went to a Family History Fair at Shrewsbury a local group did a look up for me and found the bapt. It said the father's parish was illegible but something like 'Greenandwadson'. Does this ring a bell?

Avril

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 August 11 13:09 BST (UK) »
I am not overly familiar with the Llangurig area. I would suspect that Greenandwadson is a small area or abode rather than a parish. You would have to provide an image of the entry to have a better look at it. Also, do you have any idea where this place might be? Without a hint, one would not know where to start looking. The only place that is even similar to this that I have seen is Hammond's Green in Lydbury North, Shropshire, which I have seen spelt as Wammondsgreen.